1st grow ever, 18 NL girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parcero said:
Thanks for visiting lordhighlama and good luck to your grow. Need to check your journal.

Slow progress, buds a bit more filled I think. Hard to say when you see them all the time.
Watering and nute day yesterday.
Almost full nutes, dropped one ml of Biogrow, gave 3ml-4ml-4ml/l.
Need to water again thursday or friday but without nutes.
Accidently snapped a fanleaf today and this really pisses me off. No more room for any mistakes!!!
Got myself two small UV-B bulbs. Only one in use now, getting another lamp friday so then using both. Just 20min yesterday, approx. 30min today and so on.

Be well

Bom Shiva

A few mistakes here and there is inevitable for some of us, I just try to limit them as much as possible. :D

You can check out my journal but I haven't updated it in quite some time. The batch that I was growing in that journal got eaten by spider mites. Wasn't able to get them under control and they wiped out everything. Took me a while to get myself back in the correct mindset for growing after that accident. :eek:

Soon I will have to update that journal with some new pic's of attempt number 2. lol

Thanks for visiting Riskypack and lordhighlama.
It's a bummer what happened to your grow earlier lordhighlama and good to hear that you're trying again. Be waiting your journal to come.
Riskypack, I kind a choose the NL to be my first grow aswell, it was said to be easy start for beginners + when grown proper it yields a lot. Well, they're still growing so let's see if I can make them yield aswell.

All seems to be in order inside the growroom. Cant say the same outside of it, cold, snow...

Big insulating night ahead, double styrofoams to the ceiling and fireproof silver plankets on the floor and some other stuff aswell I suppose.
Should get a proper electricity "closet" tonight aswell, another power line in, proper timer(s) I can trust and so on... I dont even know everything that is coming.

My almost forgotten clones rooted, so need to find a new homes for those. I dont think I will stay around and grow them.
I was also upgrating my clonecloset yesterday and dropped a lamp on top of one. It got supercropped, thats all(see pic). Too soon I guess but maybe it will pull through it. Since I discovered this supercropping method I've been wanting to try it, now it happened by accident:).

I'm burning one 13w UV-B now one hour at the time twice a day. Will add one more of those tonight and increase the time little by little. Up to four hour total?

Should have updated this yesterday, now I dont remember those things that I was supposed to write here as a note to myself. Well no can do.

Be well everyone.

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

hi parcero, looks like that "supercropped" plant should pull through just fine. Your jungle looks like it is taking over, I bet it smells like heaven in there.

Good luck on your insulation projects and stay warm friend!

later,

lhl

Good grief, how tall are those plants now? Looks amazingly good.
I checked your grow out because the Blue Mystic I'm growing is supposed to be similar to NL according to Nirvana. I've always fancied growing NL. So many varieties, so little time and space . . .

Thanks for visiting lordhighlama and leafminer.
Insulation project was a hit, worked well and the plants are anything between 72-110cm, mostly around 85-90cm or so. I thought that indica will double its size during flowering and maybe in some cases it does but not these ones so they ended up a bit shorter than I was expecting. I measured them before 12/12 so that they all would be around 1 meter when ready or smallest around 90cm but they lost plenty of root when I repotted them so maybe thats why they didn't reach the height I was planning. Now I know so next time they all will be bigger:).
And they smell!!!!!! I'm actually having a bit of problems with the smell or more likely how to mask it. I ferment in the room, have different kind of air fresheners, build one of those cool airfreshing thing I found here in DIY-site and what not, but still the odor sneaks all over the shed. But I will mask it eventually. Next one I try tar ( and feathers:)). Coat with tar some small things around the shed and see if that will help.

Water and nutes yesterday. Kept the grownute a bit lower like last time. 3ml-4ml-4ml/l. All in all they seem to be ok. Had to support some branches with strings and hopefully need to do that to all of them:).
No idea how long untill ready but if they would flower 4 weeks more I would be most pleased.

Be well and be safe amigos y amigas.

IMG_1789.JPG

Checked them heights and they are a bit taller now. Mostly 90+cm:).

Yellowing leaves. Cant be that drop of N, dont think it's N def. time yet.
Run off PH was too high. I have maybe 3 feeds left. It will rise too much if I dont do something about it. Flush I suppose. Bummer.

Man, that looks like a lot of tasty meds. I would fix the ph first, also, and worry about the food later. Getting them to harvest healthy would be more important to me than getting another feed in.

When you say three more feeds, are you going by the breeders harvest specifications, or by what it looks like to you?

Good point mistisrising, thanks.
Also that "three feeds" is an estimate what breeders gave. I cant say how long untill harvest, but I wont harvest without getting a microscope and checking them things out first.

Need to leave tomorrow and adjusted the timers yerterday just to check if they work and what time do they knock off/on. Very glad I did it. This morning HPS's knocked off 7.55am and fluoros didn't at all. Broken timer again. Let's see if when they switch on in the evening.

Hmmm, I have to flush all the girls. That could be complicated now because I dont have running water no more and they're a bit big to move around... Have to figure something out...get a pump and stuff and get it done somehow..

Now you, more experienced good sir or ma'am, please give me your guess how long untill these ladies are ready.
They seem to be in different(?) stages?

A pleasant day to everybody

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

Classic, I go out to run errands and something allways fails. This time a heater didn't run. 12,5celcius, thats 54f. inside temp. No good.
Got myself a small drill-powered pump. Flushing starts tomorrow. Luckily the yellowing hasn't spreaded too much yet.

:48:

Four nights of flushing and it´s done.
Let me tell you it´s not that easy when you dont have direct running water in or a drain out. And the only "good" water comes from your neighbours well not that near, from where you need to carry it over. My well water is bad, undrinkable and in this frost, pump and hoses frozen which needs to be carried inside to thaw everytime I want to use them. Ofcourse I need to heat water over a woodfire stove. This, that and a lot of more downs and downs, no need to mention I needed approx. 3000liters to do the flush and a fierce -10celcius frost to start, I'm happy that it´s over, done and never need to do again. Untill next time...

Will post some pics in few hours time after I´ve fed myself and am ready to go back and clean the whole mess in the grow room.

Now food and smoke:).

Boom Shankar!

Pics

Last one is my new kickass electricbox with proper timer and stuff, not complete yet..

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

Tomorrow 8 weeks flowering or so..
Got myself an microscope and all trichromes are still clear, no worries I'm not in a rush. I would be happy if they keep fattening for two weeks more.
It's quite a rope show already. They're getting slightly more yellowish by day.

See pic, that 2cm thingie on very top popped overnight, nice:).

IMG_1837.JPG

Now that the frost has changed to rain humidity is high. Too high IMO now when they already have buds. I hope they wont mold or start to rot.
Timers playing tricks again and now I think there´s been an interruption in the dark period by my UV-B lights:eek:, not good.

Trichomes clear to just a bit cloudy

Pic of The Rent,only water, nothing else

IMG_1822.JPG

Some spots on couple of thems leaves, appeared more just recently. Flushing didn't stop that. Generally more yellow aswell. Curling upper leaves, not on everyone. Heat? UV-B? Some other stuff or just getting ready? I hope two more weeks! Humid.

IMG_1845.JPG

Glad I found this......
A friend had given me some seeds a while back but couldn't remember what they were :rolleyes:. Just recently he had his memory jarred and told me the seeds are Northern Lights. Looking at your pic of 8 weeks, I'd say your pretty close to the chop. Wouldn't worry about the yellow leaves at this point, I had the same look on my last grow but it finished fine. Take a look at my "Unknown Asian" Link. I still had two weeks to go when that pic was taken.
Thanks for sharing your grow with everyone. They look really nice....:cool:

yum yum,, I don't know if it's the fact that I really wanna smoke sum weed right now or your plants r just beautiful but man I swear I can almost smell that last pic u just posted.

hopefully the interruption to your dark period doesn't have any harmful effects.

GREEN mojo your way!!!

Thanks for your comments CungaBreath and lordhighlama.

Cungabreath that unknown asian sure looked good, very impressive plant. How much did you yield for that one? And if you have NL seeds my best luck for growing those. This is my first time but as far as the actual growing of the NL plant, it´s is been easy, the other mishaps and stuff has made this to a challenge.

lordhighlama, it turned out that the dark perioid was not interrupted after all. I set that same timer next day to check and it just stops after 2h or so no worries there this time. Have you started your grow, a journal perhaps somewhere?

Room gets hot hot hot during lights. Humidity still high but lowering slowly as pots gets more dry. Dont know how long I have left so dont know if I should still give these babies nutes when watering next time or just water.
I put tar with watercrystals in a canister and a fan on top, lets see if that masks the smell.

Pic just now.

Be well, be safe

IMG_1850.JPG

I had two plants going on that grow but no pics of the other one. Seem to remember 18 or 19 oz dry weight for both of them. Not a bad haul for a novice :hubba:
Hopefully my NL turns out as nice as yours. Thanks for the luck and back at ya :ccc::aok:

Edit: If your around nine weeks I would just put water till the end.

Latest posts

Back