1st grow ever...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your plant looks healthy enough. Give it a week or two with proper care, and it should be looking good.

what do you mean the lower leaves are gettin eaten by the plant?? haha

the only nute i use with mg is the mg blossom nute stuff, once when im sure its a female and one more time about two weeks from harvest, seems to be working well.

I think in your situation, fluorescent lights all the way through might be the way to go. It's true that HPS performs better in flowering, but that's not to say fluorescents are incapable of it. Take a look at this thread from another forum if you have any doubts, I'm sorry if this isn't encouraged (linking to other forums) but I think this may be helpful:

hxxp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f54/insane-membrane-1142/

As you can see, it takes more work with fluorescent, he had to use tons of LST to get the results he did... But in his situation, with his lack of ventilation, fluorescents were necessary and he made them work. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but especially with your first grow, and it being bag seed, I wouldn't invest in an HPS/MH just yet.

Last thing, if you do get an HID setup 600W HPS lights are the most efficient lumens per watt, I'd get one of those instead of any other setup.
400W = 55,000 lumens, 137.5 lumens per watt
600W = 95,000 lumens, 158.3 lumens per watt
1000W = 140,000 lumens, 140 lumens per watt

Those are all general numbers and similar bulbs, and different bulbs can get different outputs, but for the most part the 600W gets the most bang for your buck.

alternating nodes?? if so, how bout starting flower at week 7?

100_0330.jpg

Well, you don't have to do any of the stuff he did, you can just grow it as you would with any other lamp... But the bud won't be as good or as plentiful that way.

SO, just a lil update. Almost a week into flowering. Just thought i would share some pics of my progress. Again, any comments or suggestions are welcome...

100_0403.jpg

100_0405.jpg

100_0406.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0408.jpg

100_0409.jpg

those purple stems? is that a problem i should take care of?

Wow, you have very nice looking plant! Definately dominately sativa judging by the thiness of the leaves. Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks! I think i am doin ok for my first time. esp with the crappy setup i have for now.

speaking of setups, for my next grow, i am thinking of getting a Homebox S. Seems like it would work for me. But question, what type of light should i get for that size box? 250w or 400w? And i was looking at these pulsar mini systems. does anyone have any experience with those type of all-in-one deals?

225smokestack said:
Thanks! I think i am doin ok for my first time. esp with the crappy setup i have for now.

speaking of setups, for my next grow, i am thinking of getting a Homebox S. Seems like it would work for me. But question, what type of light should i get for that size box? 250w or 400w? And i was looking at these pulsar mini systems. does anyone have any experience with those type of all-in-one deals?

Instead of throwing down money like that on a grow box, look into constructing one youself. It's pretty easy, and a large wardrobe from Wal Mart is pretty cheap, rig up few PC fans, some chain, mylar(or white paint) and get someweather stripping and you could save youself a lot of cash. For something that will be just as "Stealth" if not more.

Latest posts

Back