1st time Closet grow. Lets make this work!!!!!!!

• Thread starter PeaceLove&FreeBudz
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PeaceLove&FreeBudz

This is not my first attempt at growing marijuana, But hopefully this will be my first COMPLETE cycle this time. Im only going to be running a one plant setup for a one time cycle before i run about 6 in the next cycle

Let me tell you a bit about what my set up is. I have used half of my closet as a grow room and sealed it off for security reasons. I have two 3FT florecent grow lights that are on adjustable chains. My bucket is over 5 gallons and i am starting in a cup then transplanting the plant.

I germinated a few seeds and planted 3. One seed turned out to be much stronger than the rest and the others couldnt survive. the seeds are female seeds. Thet are Orange crush.

So its been going on the 5th day now and my seedling has grown to about 5 inches. I have fertilized once and watered twice since i have popped the seed in the soil.
Im running the light 24/24 with a fan running 18/6.
Fresh air is there.

I am wondering how long until i should transplant?
and how can i ensure fast growth.

So far so good but your going to need a bigger lamp if you want any weight on your buds. You can use your florecent lights but since your planning on doing more later just buy a 400w aircooled HPS lamp. An aircooled reflector is going to take out most of the heat generated by your lamp before it gets into your closet. Wait to transplant until most of the roots have a hold on most of your soil in the cup. Do this buy waiting until the soil is dry and tilt your cup supporting the stem between your fingers squeeze the cup just enough to pull off the cup and check out your roots when you see them wrapping around the base of the cup you will know. Get yourself some grow books.

Reactions: daf
Also when you transplant use Fox Farm Ocean Forest its really cannabis friendly.
Make sure your checking your ph of your nutrient solution. on that note what nutrients are you using?

Killertea08 said:
So far so good but your going to need a bigger lamp if you want any weight on your buds. You can use your florecent lights but since your planning on doing more later just buy a 400w aircooled HPS lamp. An aircooled reflector is going to take out most of the heat generated by your lamp before it gets into your closet.

are these lamps ecpensive to run? like what am i looking at if its runnen 24/7?

Also i was looking at it today and notice it seemed to be a bit weak and wanting to lean. Im worried that the heavier the leaves nd more there become the plant will fall and break its stem. Ive used nutrients as well as running a fan and freash air at about 20 hours a day. and light at 24.
Its oviously somthing im not doing right.
Im thinking i need to learn to keep my grow small at first and not let it run tall.

My pictures should be up by tomorrow. Thanks for knowledge.

hi hope the grow gose well i would not use fert yet if there only on day 5 wait till 2 weeks at the earlyest and dont over water them they like dryish roots good look

most babies don't needs nutes until maybe 8 weeks IMO or 12 weeks..

I use fox farm, real good soil, I dont feed my babes till two weeks in veg have not had a problem yet with nute burn.

Good Luck and keep it green!!!

papabeach1 said:
most babies don't needs nutes until maybe 8 weeks IMO or 12 weeks..

to long to wait, I like nice fat,healthy green plants . I would not wait that long
if I were you. IMO

I want to put some pictures on here but i need to post more buillitins and replys to get to 15 so i can show you wahts going on with my setup and plant

You can get a combo of cfl's and maybe a small hps to top it off. that won't affect ur light bill too much.

"female seeds" isnt a guarantee that you have female plant just supposedly increases chances. imo. and nutes 1/4 strength @ 4 wks. water little often.

are these lamps ecpensive to run? like what am i looking at if its runnen 24/7?

Also i was looking at it today and notice it seemed to be a bit weak and wanting to lean. Im worried that the heavier the leaves nd more there become the plant will fall and break its stem. Ive used nutrients as well as running a fan and freash air at about 20 hours a day. and light at 24.
Its oviously somthing im not doing right.
Im thinking i need to learn to keep my grow small at first and not let it run tall.

Well sounds like your plants are stretching for light if there leaning over. You can use a wire clothes hanger and cut it and stick it down your soil if there young, use a twisty tie to prop it up. Lower your flourescent light to about 4in from the top of your plant.

Your going to want to get that HPS lamp dude. Yea this can be an expensive hobby but in the long run if you smoke as much as me dude it pays for itself in the long run. If your running a 400w lamp 24/7 your bill will go up 10-15 bucks a month not to bad depending on where you live and how much your electricity costs per Kilowatt hr. There are peak hrs too and some people choose to run there lights 18hrs on 6hrs off and the off time is at the hottest part of the day so there equipment can cool off. Cannabis can grow either way it doesnt need a dark period during vegetative growth.

If this is just for you then get a 250w HPS they have aircooled reflectors as well so you can suck out the heat the lamp creates. The more light the more of a yield your going to get, as well as depending on the strain your growing.

Buy some grow books on amazon.com and read up on everything. a good one is "Grow Great Marijuana" by Logan Edwards as well as anything by Ed Rosenthal my fav is "Closet Cultivator"

One of the most important things in your grow room is your light bro. Happy growing.

For sure killaTea08. I went out and got a few more Cfls. reds blues. so i got three lights totall. and they were stretching for light. I ended um adding a bit more soil for support and brought the light down to about 3inches. Within about 4 hours ive already noticed the plant seemed a bit more upright and the leaves were raised higher, but not to high.

I should have some pics up in the morning, to show how the light has effected it. i have pics from yesterday today and i will take the tomorrow to show.

and ya the seed should be female, but im germinating 5 more to run in a seperate room, ill have them ready in about 3 weeks for show. hopefully by flowering time of this so i can do a swap. if i time it right

If i run just one Hps, not to to big, but not tiny. and maybe run the two cfls on each side?

Im just wanting maximum growth, without getting to expensive. since its personal use and im just experimenting and getting the feel for the who situation.

yes you can run a combo of lights but like the others said, you will see a big difference in adding an hps. i used 3 125w cfl's and that didn't do anything really. once i added a 150w hps and removed one of the cfl's, my ladies grew out of the box. htg supply has a 150 hps hookup for around $100 with shipping and it includes the ballast and bulb. make sure you get a backup bulb as you don't wanna blow a bulb without having a replacement.

DSCF2724.jpg

so heres a pic of the lil setup i got goen. and of my lil one. When i awoke this morning i noticed a tiny bit of yellow on the sides of the leaves and they almost seemed to be starting to die? I think its cause i used a bit of terracycle this early to i flushed a bit and just let sit for a few days and see how she dose. My four outher seeds have germinated so ive planted them. I actually got those seeds from a bank so im sure there a better option. Im currently going to be shoping for a small hps to run as well. when veg time stops. Ill run the cfls on the sides and the hps on top.
DSCF2725.jpg

Latest posts

Back