1st time grow advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy64

Reaction score
I have 4 hashberry and 12 bluecheese cuttings the hashberry cutting are about 3/4 inches high and look very healthy the chese cuttings are about 3 inches tall and look healthy apart from a bit of browning on the leaf tips what causes this yellowing of the tips. they have been grown in a 2ft x 2ft grow tent with a 250watt light on them 24 hr a day been kept moist with filtered water and had 1 watering with a weak grow solution i think the time is right for them to be potted on now i have another grow tent 3ft x 3ft x 6ft i have a 400 watt hps growlux bulb in this tent suspended about 1ft from the top im repotting them into 21cm 4lt pots using miricle grow organic peat free compost. im gonna just water them with filtered water for the next 4 weeks as i think this compost contains enough nutrients for this time. I will be keeping this light on 24hrs a day. where should i position my fan in this tent and should i have a filter on them yet. I know the answers are available on this site but i prefer the personnel advice of other growers am i doing any thing wrong thanks for any advice given.

i guess there healthy as the plants themselves look good

Im only a novice at growing but they look 2 healthy 2 be not rooted wat were your thoughts on the rest of my post am i doing things correctly cheers.

andy64 said:
Im only a novice at growing but they look 2 healthy 2 be not rooted wat were your thoughts on the rest of my post am i doing things correctly cheers.

Sorry have not got back to sooner, I would say all is ok but I worry about lights on 24/7 , this gives the plant no time to rest, just like you and I we need to sleep, but apart all seems good what do you say.:cool:

Plants aren't people.. they do not require a "sleep"..
they will utilize every minute of light they recieve.
there ARE functions that are performed by the plants metabolism in the dark, but I believe it has been established, that dark is NOT required for those functions.

Sorry Hick but I think you are wrong, plants are just like people and they need a period of dark to the things they do at night, agreed they dont sleep , but I am sure they do stuff in the dark period that is vital to there well being.

Latest posts

Back