1st time hydro grow! medi bud & skunk#1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_medi_bud

the ant of doom
Reaction score
hello all!! been puffing for 14 years now and have decided to have a go at growing my own!!

i'm growing 2 strains,medibud and skunk #1.

i'm using a ebb and flood table set-up with 16 pots,a 400w hps light,canna aqua veg/flores nutes.

i popped all 20 seed(all fem) and 18/20 worked!! they got started off in small rockwool cubes in a propogator without the heat on. i had them on 24hr light (110w flourecent)for about a week till the roots started to come through,then transplanted then into the larger cubes and gave them a nute solution of half strenth.

i stupidly tried to remove one of the seed casings from a plant and only managed to remove the head of the plant completely!! lifes a lesson!! wont do that again!!

16/18 are doing really well and have been put into the pots with hydroton and are responding well to being in the system on a 18/6 light cycle and the table being flooded 4 times within that cycle.

can anyone offer any advice at all on wether i'm doing things right so far and/or on any of the strains that i'm growing?

i should've done this years ago!!! its so much fun!!

peace!

Welcome to the site! And welcome to the hobby! I'm a dirt farmer so I can't comment on the hydro but it sounds like you're on the right track :). About that seed casing removal - you should spray it with water and let it soak awhile before removal.

16 pots and a 400 watter? How big is your grow space? Sounds like you will need more light with that many plants...I cld not even grow 16 autos with a 400w light...Welcome to MP by the way...you found the right place to help you with your grow...

Cheers hamster!! The rooms 8ft long by 5ft wide by 6ft high. I had planned on going onto a 600w hps when it was time to flower. Do you think I should get another light in too? Would a 110w flourecent be enough? Al post some pics on wed. X

Good tip art!! Thanx man! Hope your grow is coming along nicely!! Indoor or outdoor soil? X

Yeah you are going to need more light...I believe you want a min of 3000 lumens a sqr foot for veg and 5000 lumens a sqr foot for flowering....

150,000 lumens needed for that floor area.

2 600w will give 180,000 lumens roughly and a 1000 will give on average 140,000 depending on how high you need to have it because of the heat.

Maybe if you use a smaller grow area you could scale down and use less W meaning less cost of electricity.

:peace:

Welcome to MP..... well, you just heard it from the pro's, good luck with your grow ! will you be doing a jounal ?

thanx for the welcome chris!! going to get some pics together on wed and get 1 up and running! just been looking @ your 1st grow!!!!!! simply awesome!! how did they smoke?!!

For sure, welcome MMB to a wonderful site here. I'm also a Med Outside Grower from Oregon,USA
I think you'll find all that need on MJ here on MP. If not we'll find it by god.
Peace out.

hello and welcome, you will want more light, gl

Latest posts

Back