2 T5 light, is it bright?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebestofthecentury

Reaction score
lol This is what I am going to use for my grow. I would like to know your experiences, if any with T5's and if you write down your plants stats the difference in grow between setups. appreciate it

Not exactly sure what you mean. Bottom line, T5's are good for veg and clones, HPS for flowering.

Also, be aware that all T5s are not the same. Check the lumen output before you buy. You want 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging. I also recommend a HPS for flowering.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Also, be aware that all T5s are not the same. Check the lumen output before you buy. You want 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging. I also recommend a HPS for flowering.

:yeahthat: I made this mistake thinking that all "HO" (high output) T5's were the same, and ended up ordering the wrong thing. I'm makeing it work for right now, but it is not optimal. Be sure to research them thoroughly! The one from Hydro Farm claims to be an HO, but does not have the lumens that others have.

8 bulb T5 ho units with the right bulbs are awesome. You can flower with them. It works fine. I mixed blue and red bulbs for both vegging and flowering

I have pretty much the same concern. I would like to use a 4 or 8 tube, 4' T5 high output fixture with blue tubes for veg and red tubes for flowering to grow a couple of plants in an airs tone (bot) box type hydro system ...but I'm afraid I'll wind up with wimpy little buds. -But that's better than "air bonging" myself to sleep at night... Just curious, would two glow panel 45's (LED panels) be as good or better than a 4' x 4 tube T5 fixture??? I do like the earth friendly concept of it all and I know they'd use a lot less power than the T5's but would yield suffer (I like happy plants!!!)

I'm sure you could flower with the t5 or the led, but I think your yeild will suffer considerably than if you had even a 400w hps...you really want an HID for flowering if you can swing it! If I was in your shoes, and all I had was the t5. I would start them now and let them grow 24 hrs a day until the last frost in your area, and move them outside to flower. Your just not going to get much trying to flower with the lights you are talking about...but yes it can be done, we see folks doing it all the time with floro's.

Latest posts

Back