2 weeks OLD FLOWER UNTIL IT SHOW SEX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuggaloKing69

JuggaloKing69
Reaction score
Hey my plant is 2 weeks 2 days old 8 in. tall and has 5 sets of leaves and is showing its 6th set. It has 10 Nodes and on 6 of them leaves have come up they have 3 pedals.

My question is Can I turn to 12/12 now to determine sex, Then go back to Veg if its a Girl????????????

Lights are 3 14W daylight Cfl's & 1 warm white 15W foluro tube.
In a closet 4 ft wide 4 ft deep & 6 1/2 ft tall

You could, but it could cause stress. If you want to determine sex a bit quicker you can take cuttings then put them immediately under 12/12 lighting after they have finished rooting. If you aren't planning on vegging them much longer though it would probably be best to just wait until you switch to 12/12 to determine sex. Why risk having it turn hermie?

I think the switiching the light schedule and going back to veg is a bad way to determine sex, def stress on the plant, hermis are a waste of time and money. Imo you should do more the one plant anyways, I'm not sure about your laws and feeling but I'm just saying waste of time to grow one plant that could be a male or hermi. I like to veg them until they sex but since you started flowering might be best just to continue. But if you want a mother then I would prolly risk it, good luck brudah

iClown said:
Im new and **** but I think you might want to add some more watts in there if u want to flower.

You may be new, but you are not ****. I didn't even catch that. He will need way more lighting to flower anything. In a 4x4 space you want about 800W of light, preferably a HPS for flowering.

can you post any pics?... I would tell you the sex just by looking at it, from your description of the size of them. a pic of the whole plant would be best....

JuggaloKing69 said:
Hey my plant is 2 weeks 2 days old 8 in. tall and has 5 sets of leaves and is showing its 6th set. It has 10 Nodes and on 6 of them leaves have come up they have 3 pedals.

My question is Can I turn to 12/12 now to determine sex, Then go back to Veg if its a Girl????????????

Lights are 3 14W daylight Cfl's & 1 warm white 15W foluro tube.
In a closet 4 ft wide 4 ft deep & 6 1/2 ft tall

yes, if it is an unstable strain it may hermie. but a stable strain will be fine. :farm:

you can use cfls just keep them close. i used 5 42watt cfls per plant and they did just fine for me.

I would just keep them in veg and not worry about the sex until you switch to 12/12. Why stress them more when you don't have too. When you do switch to 12/12, you can always get the first girl that shows and take her out and keep her for a mother if that's what you're going for. Also, the more light that you can get in there, the better. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

im using just one 65 watt 6500k floro bulb in my PC case grow (6,800 lumens, prob slightly less in actuality), prob going to add more light soon (few days), good for vegging though and keeping the temps low with only two 80mm fans. Then again my space is alot smaller, i think Juggalo's plants might be stretched? it doesnt sound like much light for such a large area, but then again i dont know how the light is arranged, if they are but a mere inch or two away, then maybe it could be effective for vegging?

No Stretching all the lights are within 2 in. Its growing 2 full sets of leaves a week. Its NOT stretched trust me just a 2 week monster

ah very nice then, well i started flowering mine @ 20 days old, ive done it once before at 7 days, it just means a smaller plant is all, typically the more mature the plant is, the more THC it can produce. A plant isnt ready for flowering usually until the branch nodes are cascading one above the other, and not parallel to each other

this isn't tried & true by me but i just recently read elsewhere that if you veg til 10 nodes, like you have, look @ the 8 node w/ loupe you should be able to see organs forming. im curious if this holds any truth. also in the pic it was a indica. im going hunting 4 that thread will be back soon w/ link.

I dont see Organs at the nodes just a set of leaves with 3 pedals each on every node So in all theres 15 nodes

google "sexing marijuana 8th node" unfortunately you may have to sign up to forum. typically if you grow min of 12" she start showing all by self.

Latest posts

Back