28000 watts of madness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted any of my projects, so I thought I would share my new adventure.
Long story short, I inherited this room from a cat that just couldn't quite pull it off.
What I inherited are 2, 12' x 30 rooms side by side, shotgun style. Both rooms have their own 5 ton ac and 180 pint dehu's for each room. When he left, he took almost everything except the hoods, ac's and dehu's. I had to replace everything else pretty much.

First, I will start out with the electrical. The main panel is a 200 amp 3 phase panel. This gives me PLENTY of amperage to play with. The electrical had to be redone as I just didn't trust his wiring for such a big show. I went with 14 lights in each room fired by a 3phase contactor, with a 110 trigger. I could have went with a flip box, but I really wasn't sure how I was going to run the rooms as far as timing. Being such a big elec panel, it didn't matter, the whole show can run at anytime I choose.
The AC units are also 3phase, ran on 3 phase breakers.
3 phase rocks!

The outlet bank for the lights are wired so you know exactally what "phase" each and every light is pulling from. Any electricians reading this will appreciate this. The main panel is PERFECTLY balanced!

I replaced all his ballasts with Nanolux Digi's. I have been running these for a bit and they have given me no problems, so I went with them. Love my digi's!

The dehu's are Idealair's, which are what I would not have chosen. I prefer Santa Fe's line of dehu's, as they run much more efficient, but that was the card I was dealt. Down the road, I may change them over, but they work for now.

So, in each room are 2 strings of 7 lights, being air cooled by a 10" max fan. Each light string has it's own max fan cooling 7 lights. Works great.
He had 8 lights per string, but I found that way overkill and took 1 light out of each string, as they were just not needed.

The rooms are completely sealed. Dude went crazy when he built the room and must have used cases of spray foam to seal it up. All good.

The tables are custom made. They are built on castors, so I can move the whole table around while I do work as needed. With the rooms so narrow, being able to move the tables around a bit is a huge help.
The top of the tables are corrugated plastic, built with a slight downward slope to direct all runoff into a drain bucket. I like to get around %20 runoff when I feed.

a 1000 gpd RO fills a 300 gallon container for all the water I could ever need.

CO2 burners are set up and controlled by a Sentinel Controller.

It's been a long 5-6 weeks, but everything is up and runnin'.

Enjoy!

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

i want to be you in my next life...OMG, this is wonderful...tables slanting, on coasters...heaven!

Dude that's sick :eek: I would love to be a tender for you if I was anywhere near you. :)

Do you have the timers triggering those ABB relays, or that something else?

MAd Man ...Showing the Skills my friend

:48:

the only thing i know about phase 3 is that trucks that have refrigeration units use it

Well how the hell do I go home tonight and look in my 4x4x6.5 flowering tent after seeing this? Nice job.. Looks like a pro show for sure.

man your lucky, granted it took some cash to get the remained of the items and get things rollin, but wow what a heck of a setup to just have dropped in your lap, lookin great cant wait to see them all in full flower, i bet it will reek to high heaven in there XD

F'n sweet, some day, some day............

Stellar rooms, Hal, you da man.

Now I have to go to my 4x4 tent and cry:(

Wow is this for a legal MMJ grow? I would not have the nerve to run something like this unless I was legal. Very impressive.

Hushpuppy said:
Dude that's sick :eek: I would love to be a tender for you if I was anywhere near you. :)

Do you have the timers triggering those ABB relays, or that something else?

Yes, the timers you see there fire the contactors which in turn fire up the lights. 1 timer for each room, firing 14 lights. Much more reliable then any light timer system I have ever used from a grow store.

Legal...Yes, with room to grow...haha. I have had a legal Collective filed with the state for quite a few years now. We all know it's only legal in the eyes of the State, the Feds can still choose to do what they want.
Federal interdiction has been calm here in Cali for a while now. I do not know of any recent cases that involved the Feds actually doing the investigation and arrests. I do know that the Feds have picked up cases that local LEO have passed on to them for various reasons, such as growing near a school or stealing power.
Cali Legal collectives and Dispensaries have been left alone...for know. I know they are waiting for a couple of cases to go through the court system, such as the one against Harborside.
For know, I feel cool about it. I am Lawyered up and believe what you see here is small, VERY small compared to what is really going on in other collective grows I have seen. Shoot man, I am just catching up to the real players. I pay my Electric Bills, and pay my taxes on the income gained from my time operating the collective grow. My State loves me.

The main concern isn't LEO, it is thievery. I run multiple scrubbers in each room, to keep the smell under control during flower, so out side the rooms, you smell nothing. Alarm systems and cameras help with security also.

3 Phase power is really simple, if you understand regular house power at all. Basically, 3 phase just gives you 1 more "hot" leg in the panel. This in turn gives you more amperage. Balancing the panel is the trick with 3 phase.

Hamster Lewis said:
Well how the hell do I go home tonight and look in my 4x4x6.5 flowering tent after seeing this? Nice job.. Looks like a pro show for sure.

LMFAO

well done NCH :clap: :clap: :clap: ---an inspiration indeed :D

Lol my grow is tiny too.....but I WANTED to give hal a hard time and say : that it?

Lmao

:p:D

Hey Hal, how do you raise and lower the lights in that beautiful setup? I'm soo jealous!

Latest posts

Back