2nd Grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishOne81

Reaction score
High everyone and welcome...

So this is my second grow and unfortunately I've misplaced my camera connector cable for the computer so until I purchase a new one or find the other then I'll be doing the best I can to describe.

I'm using a 14w (120V) energy saver lightbulb. It is what I used for my first grow and I got approximately 17g off 1 plant. Eventually when I get the plant bigger I will start to add lightbulbs but for now I just have the one. It's a soil grow indoor for anyone who was wondering.

I have 3 sprouted and its bagseed, so don't ask. LOL -- basically the dankest bud I could get my hands on, I searched for seeds, saved them, and that's what I'm growing or atleast attempting.

I really only have one question to start with, I want to line the area with aluminum foil, but what side of the foil do I put right-side up for the light to reflect on. I vaguely remember reading something about the dull side being up but before I go and do all that I was wondering if someone knew for sure. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Aluminum Foil: Aluminum foil is no more than 55% reflective - if used, make sure that the dull side is the one that is used to reflect the light. When it becomes creased its reflectivity is even lower (around 35%.) It is also very dangerous to use because it creates hotspots easily, is electrically conductive, and is a fire hazard when it is in close contact with HID lighting. Attaching this to walls is a pain and usually using aluminum tape or glue is the best way. This should only be used as a last resort, and even then its usefulness is questionable.

Thanks to MUTT in FAQ's I finally found the correct answer, I thought marijuana affected the memory? :rolleyes:

However I am now rethinking this because of the fire hazard and I keep the light on 24/7 soo.....:confused:

Looking foward to seeing some pics of your babies when you find your camera cord. ;)

One little sprout didn't make it, but the other 2 are still fine, i may have clipped the top part off when i had to move the pots... go figure.

i'm germinationg more now :)

Definitely good luck. Are you saying that you got 17 dry grams of pot off of a plant that was grown using nothing but a single light bulb? How large is your growing area?

Fluid1 said:
Definitely good luck. Are you saying that you got 17 dry grams of pot off of a plant that was grown using nothing but a single light bulb? How large is your growing area?

No, it was when they were wet... we never weighed it when it was dry, just started smoking lol. The buds were humungous though. I converted my walk-in closet to a grow area, when it was time for flowering I moved it up to 3 bulbs. I probably should have said that, sorry. It vegged for like 5 months and I let it flower until the hairs were a reddish brown, I think that was like 3 months give or take. It took forever b/c I started it in the winter months. :rolleyes:

IrishOne81 said:
No, it was when they were wet... we never weighed it when it was dry, just started smoking lol. The buds were humungous though. I converted my walk-in closet to a grow area, when it was time for flowering I moved it up to 3 bulbs. I probably should have said that, sorry. It vegged for like 5 months and I let it flower until the hairs were a reddish brown, I think that was like 3 months give or take. It took forever b/c I started it in the winter months. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter when you start if you're growing indoors. The reason that your vegging and flowering took longer is because of lack of light. I had just two CFL's on my original baby, and after 3 months, it looked like other's @ 3 weeks. So I piled on the lights, and now she's over 3 feet tall, and in week 2 of flowering.
How close to the plants are you keeping your lights? Do you have any pictures?
Cheers!

i keep the lights (CFL's) witihin 2-5 inches of the plant tops. Once they get a little bigger and I transplant them to bigger pots I'll be adding about 6 more lights. I use the CFL's because they cost less to use then other lights and money is kind of tight right now, which is one of the reasons I started the nursery again.

No pics yet because no cable for the camera has been found...

I believe the time of year does matter too, sometimes I keep the window open. The cool air is easier for me to breath in (i'm asthmatic) when the heat is on in the house.

well i am up to 5 sprouts that are now planted, i have 2 more that are ready to go into soil but i ran out of pots and room for now. i have to clean the other crap out of my closet and buy/make some more pots.

i moved it up to 3 lights total altho i don't think my gf will be happy i took the lamp out of the bedroom... lol. its broken and ghetto-rigged anyways.

the first 2 sprouts that are up and growin have a nice deep green color and are about 3.5 inches each. (only about a week old so) the lights stay on 24/7 and no plant food until i transfer everything.

i am going to have a friend take some pics w/ his camera so i can post here in the forum.

IrishOne81 said:
I believe the time of year does matter too, sometimes I keep the window open. The cool air is easier for me to breath in (i'm asthmatic) when the heat is on in the house.

Time of the year makes no difference.

Temperature and humidity do, but that's what A/C and dehumidifiers are for ;)

I also use (used) CFL's.
Can't wait for the pics!

true.... lol.

well i have 5 all sprouted and growing, only in the beginning of their 3rd week of life.... :)

Well 3 of the babies are a good 5 inches in height and putting on speed. Another one is tiny and I think I'm just going to kill it and focus on the other 3. I killed another one last week by mistake but it was very small as well and it wasn't going to survive. I guess the biggest of the litter really do prevail.

We'll see... I just want it to be near the end already lol... but I have about 3-4 more months to go..

Remeber that oftentimes the large ones are male.....

how do you know this? this is only my 2nd time soo.... all 3 of the bigger ones are in bigger pots and the biggest of all has already been transplanted.

any idea when i should start adding nutes? they are just over a month ol now about about 6" tall and nice and wide.

How do I know this? Well, many people have had it happen to them. My largest plant was male. It is what it is.

So your plant is only 6 inches tall after a month? Something's wrong. You need pics.

well thanks for the info fluid1 -- i just measured like a min ago and they are:

Big 1 - 15"
Big 2 - 13.5"
Big 3 - about 12" - give or take a little

i know i need pics lol and i will hopefully be taking some tonight if my friend remembers his camera...

happy halloween!!!

so about nutes, should i start soon?

Yeah, I'd start on 1/4 power nutes now. How big do you want them before you start flowering?

i was thinking about another foot-2 feet each before flowering starts. i don't want huge ones b/c the space is still limited but i would like them to get somewhat near their full potential.

my gf thinks i'm crazy for keeping the lights on them 24/7 - i think it makes them grow faster, any ideas guys? i don't think it has a negative affect...

Latest posts

Back