2nd Hydro 1st Scrog 1st Closet..... not so done....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySouthernAfficionado

Dirtiest of the Dirty
Reaction score
Well, the lease is up. I have 4... well, 3 days now until I move. So of course, the closet must come down. And thank god, I really am tired of waiting. :eek:
I've done a couple of things wrong here. First of all, I have never really grown and finished bagseed and not used to a Sativa dom plant. I was not ready for this. Needs considerably more time and room. I fear I was doomed from the beginning.
Secondly, I am highly against the whole switching to 12/12 to sex and switching back to veg. Unless you got time on your hands to burn and watch the grass grow, definately avoid this method. This added a month at least.
And to top it all off, they all seem to be on different schedules. Some are much further along then others. So there are some nice buds to pull but some very lacking looking ones, and some that don't really look like bud at all.
This scrog became a mini forest. There is alot of light deprived bud at the screen. Definately was not how I wanted to end this. BUT, I am seeing some promising bud, so with that said....
:holysheep:
As of Midnight, the cut has begun. Good lord it is taking some time.
These were taken before I started chopping.... :farm: (sorry for quality, cell phone cam)

PIC-0056.jpg

PIC-0057.jpg

PIC-0058.jpg

PIC-0059.jpg

OMG...
I've barely made a dent...
This is 2 hours later, round 2 am
At this point, I need to take a smoke break, figured I might as well post my evening since I obviously have it laid out for me. I'm going to be doing this awhile...
:bong2:

PIC-0061.jpg

PIC-0060.jpg

Hey I'm smokin' with ya in central time DirtySouth

Wow... I am rather tired.
So this experiment finally comes to a close. Didn't quite go the way I wanted but there was a silver lining.
In all that mix of jungle and immature bud I found some decent and definately smokable stuff. I got about half decent stuff and half trash. But one plant of the five, the mystery, brought in all the way home. This girl was short, but she was last in and had little veg. She responded the best though, and the resin was so thick her her. I think there will be an ounce of her dry. The rest will be ok, but I have high hopes for her. Think I'll cure....
Anyways, here what I got....
There's 4 of these wire hanging deals full in two tubs hanging
Assorted goodies
And one of the better buds off the mysterious stranger....

Well it has been a few years since I've grown....
God I missed it...
and I ain't stopping. :hubba:
So hopefully in the next month once I have moved, the Shed Thread (TM) (C) :holysheep:
shall begin.
And then I can put that Power Plant mom to work.....

PIC-0062.jpg

PIC-0063.jpg

PIC-0064.jpg

PIC-0065.jpg

Nice job DSA- too bad you had to pull early- looks like you would have ended up with copius amounts of bud.
We'll anxioulsy await the Shed Thread.

ok cool , screen of green i like it , not to change your topic on you dirtysouth but , as a current scrogger x 2 im thinking good or not good for mother plants .

The purpose of a Scrog (Screen of Green) is to spread the plant out over a screen to control growth and maximize your lights potential by allowing to hit everything evenly. This is an excellent way to grow, especially small operations like a closet, and especially if you use Indica or Indica dom plants instead of the Sativa doms I used.
Scrog a mother plant??? Seems like a waste of time and effort to me unless you intend to flower this mother plant now.

Yes the early pull was horendous. Probably only about 50% that was even viable smoke. And of that, not very mature.
We will see soon.
It's been drying for about 48 hours now and I think I'm going to cut a piece up to quick dry and see how it smokes.

Latest posts

Back