3 Weeks Left??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBong

Reaction score
I can't have but 3 weeks left for outside before frost and the real cold hits here in Maine. Here is one of the tops of my MOB (Mother of Berries) an early "Heavy Indica" cross (Sites say 45-50 days), yet here I am in October still waiting.... This being my first year I'm still learning the stages of bud growth. How am I looking? Will 3 weeks do me right?

WP_20131002_008.jpg

Its all strain related, yours look to have at least 3 weeks more.
'
Did you look at the trich's with a scope?

Plants lookin proper there Beerbong. Yeah I'd say 3-5 weeks, strain dependant.

Like growdude asked, have you scoped'em yet?

I used a magnifying glass, they appear to be cloudy. I ordered a 60x jewlers loop on e-bay this morning, should be here within the week. I don't think I have 5 weeks of nice weather...suggestions? Could I bring them inside and finish them in a window like a houseplant or some ****? I have big windows!!! Hmmm...sounds stupid even typing it, but thought I'd ask...

Also why do you guys suppose they flowered so late? These were supposed to be an early strain, yet I have friends who have all kinds of bud drying.

as long as they're in relocatable pots and can fit under a light. I know you said they're OD girls but if I had a bloom light (1kwhps) at your disposal, I'd put'em under that to finish (12/12).

I don't know how well they'd finish blooming in a lower light exposure (inside next to a window) along with the seasonal change.

:peace: n' mojo for ya.

Mostly to all- cloudy trichs is usually what I'd call semi-ripe and from the strain description of MOB (says 45 days which seems a bit quick to me) it says it's a heavy Indica. Indica's are typically faster finishers compared to sativa's and sativa-heavy hybrids.

Yeah I have a 6 sq foot spot for my little donkey dink girls, thats about it for indoor spots. Enough for 2 15 inch plants.... Guess I'll pray the weather holds out.

Thought on the late flower? Or is it even late?

Don't know why it'd be delayed, really :confused2:

Did it get really cold there? Cold weather will make it halt growth, I know that.

No. It's been in the 70's all week actually. Nights are dropping int the low 40's though. I see mid 30's at night predicted for next week, 50's during the day.

BeerBong said:
I can't have but 3 weeks left for outside before frost and the real cold hits here in Maine. Here is one of the tops of my MOB (Mother of Berries) an early "Heavy Indica" cross (Sites say 45-50 days), yet here I am in October still waiting.... This being my first year I'm still learning the stages of bud growth. How am I looking? Will 3 weeks do me right?
:icon_smile: Hey Beer Bong, how'ya doing neh-bar! I'm 'down the road a peck, in NW'rn CT. I'm kinda seeing the same thing with some of my Black Domina, and Blue Chem girls. I've been looking at the Trichs, with, #1 a two-section magnifier, #2 a three-lens machinist's loupe, and #3 a Little 60x100x handheld microscope, and they SHOULD be ready by now! The (Blue Chem started slowly flowering on 7/6 (!?) which I thought was about a month too early, but...). Trichs are clear to milky, and I'm looking for 20-30% amber, before I harvest.
I have a few more strains that will need 2 to 4 (?) more week's, but we usually get our first 32 degrees by mid October, so I'll have to see.

The weather here in New England has been gorgeous, sunny & dry for most of the last month, so as long as I don't really see any changes in the Trichs, I'm just gonna let 'em grow a bit longer.

Let us know how your garden turns out!

Stonedwoodsman :icon_smile:

pretty sure the cause is the cold nights, granted warm days but with such cold temps the plant slows growth or stops all together if prolonged exposure to the low temps, so basically at night they are getting so cold they are shutting down and not processing as they should, so during the day they must warm up first to start processing as usual but the cold nights hampers the plants ability to do its thing at night, relax and get ready for another day, so cold for long periods of time they shut down rather then relax.

How about bringing them in my shed at night? It sits in the sun most of the day and stays warm in there. There is no ventiation in there, but I feel the nights cool the shed down enough where it wouldn't hurt my plant (says the noob)... Concerns with this?

lack of ventilation could result in issues... mold mainly.

BeerBong said:
How about bringing them in my shed at night? It sits in the sun most of the day and stays warm in there. There is no ventiation in there, but I feel the nights cool the shed down enough where it wouldn't hurt my plant (says the noob)... Concerns with this?

You may want to get an oscillating fan in there if you do. It'll prevent mold spore from taking hold.

:peace: n' mojo for your girls there beerbong.

It is most certainly the cold nights that are slowing things down. When temps get below 60, the plant basically does nothing. I would say that unless you can keep the shed temps at 60 or higher, it isn't going to do much good to bring them in at night. If you are concerned about freezing weather, you will need to take them in. But I don't think the shed will do anything to hasten the flowering.

If they have stopped and the weather won't allow them to grow, and the shed won't do....what are my options? Take them right inside my house at night? Should I just hack em down before I lose them? I can still get a good week in the mid to high 60's during the day, although those temps will drop well below 60 at night.

just make sure to water them daily...the wet soil holds heat for the roots, which do the heavy lifting during dark hours....hth

mojo

Im in the same boat with a Blue OG and a Skunk 11. Monster plants...budding heavily, but seem to have slowed down quite a bit thanks to the cold nights here in the NE country. Id like to give them a month more since they are behind but probably only have 10 more days of weather. Goes into 40s at night...low 40s. As THG said they are just shutting down. I'm going to go to the 2nd frost and bring em in. Wont be to full potential but i'm sure will satisfy.

On the other hand I pulled train wreck, 8 ball kush, and AK that were already cloudier than clear.

The sun angle changed as well...giving my og and skunk almost no direct sunlight to finish.

if you have good days for another week or so it might not hurt to move them indoors at night to keep them above 60, but if the days are any colder then 60 you may as well chop now, unless your able to get an HPS indoors to finish them off, thats about all you can do at this time...

So I went to Radio Shack and bought a pocket microcsope. Couldn't wait a week for my e-bay purchace. Tops are cloudy with about 10% amber. Bottoms of the plant are cloudy with little to no sign of amber. I'm thinking next weekend?

Latest posts

Back