4' by 2.5', additional light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I will be using a 4 foot by 2.5 foot space with a 430 watt Son Agro to vegetate. Do I need to add a 400 watt to a space this size? The space is well ventilated but I may add an extra fan.

You have 10 sqft X 3000= 30,000 lumens is what you need to veg. If your bulb gives off an initial 53,000 this will be fine to use.

For flower it would be 10sqft X 5000= 50,000 lumens is needed to flower

Yes I would add another 400 to your setup, but keep in mind that heat is a factor. You might just want to switch to a 600. A 600 is more energy effecient and would stay cooler than two 400's.

You are right on the edge for Flowering, and if you intend to flower in that same space you may want a little more light to get denser buds. However, if you are only going to veg there then you are good. I agree that putting 2 400w in that space would create a heat issue. I have 2 250w in the same size space and I fight with heat buildup. That space is almost too small to put them in vented hoods also, so they would have to go under batwing reflectors which are more prone to heat buildup.

One 600wHPS in a cooltube with ventilation pulling the heat out would rock.

My flower area is about the same size. I have a 400 watt and two 150 watters. I have a 200 cfm fan pulling heat out through the ceiling. I struggle to keep temps around 80 degrees. I don't have a sealed tent just a part of a closet, I keep the door open most of the time to help keep temps down.

Latest posts

Back