4th week flower, HELP me diagnose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdog4

Reaction score
Hi, i need help quick please. i am in 4th week of flower and have had no problems till now. Last night i checked on them and the leaves are curling under and also some lighter green blotches on leaves. I am using fox farm ocean forrest soil and ff nutes per their schedule every feeding (not every other) but havent had any problems, not even a little nute burn. I only water every 3-4 days since it stays moist for that long. I adjust ph to 6.0-6.5 before feeding. I fed them 2 days ago and noticed this last night. I also did a n-p-k test with capsules and nitrogen and phos are still high(which is same as when i tested in the beginning) but the potash is low.
I have searched this site and others and can only come up with too much nutes or potassium deficiency or copper deficiency. Is there is something im not thinking of, what else could it be? Can some experts please give me some advise, i put so much work into this and dont want to lose them. I might flush them tonight but want some advice first. Thanks

IMAG0329.JPG

IMAG0330.JPG

IMAG0333.JPG

IMAG0332.JPG

IMAG0314-1.JPG

I wouldn't panic and try a lot of changes that might end up making a bigger problem. They look pretty good to me !!
When you water do you make sure to give it enough water so enough drains out the bottom?
If they were mine the next watering i would add some SuperThrive and give a good soaking making sure lots of the water comes out .
Hope you make out ok.

Yes I water until water comes out bottom, about 10%. I just watered 2 days ago and used superthrive and this problem has occured since then. There is definately a problem, they were fine a couple days ago and now the blotches appeared and leaves curling downward.

I use all FF and haven't had any problems with nutrient burn. My last WW grow I flushed in flowering every couple of weeks with clearex to keep from any type of lock up. Man sorry I can't help any. I know I have seen lots of post in the past with the same problem you might have. did you search (leavs curling under) may come up with something.
They do not look that bad I am sure if you take it easy on them they will come around.
GOOD LUCK!!

Have you tested you soil moisture levels to be sure that your plants are not in need of more water?

yea thats the same site ive used b4, I have had that same problem, the problem was heat for me. I dont know about your problem, they look pretty hydrated check soil tho, but i water my babes which are in the same soil as yours once or twice every two days, 3/4 gallon each with FF nutes per schedule, no burn either. I cut holes all over my 5 gal buckets to probe the soil with moister meter and get a reading all around. I would flush just since they have been doing fine till 2 days ago when you added superthrive.

Yes, I watered 2 days ago and the top of the soil is still moist. But like I said I tested potassium and it was low, Does that cause these symptoms? I might flush tomorrow and try to find something to add potassium. Temp is 79 with lights on and 62 lights off, working on bringing that up to 68ish. humidity 25-35%

im not shure but if u got ur ph at 6.0 in soil i think that is to low but im not shure ,,what ever it is dont look that bad so if its somethin small mabey its the ph ,mabey the last copple times u watered u got it on the lo side around 6.0 and since they are in flower mabey its affecting them,,i dont no thought id just throw that out their cause i thougt i herd u dont wanna go lower than 6.5 in soil ,,but hey im on my first grow so im not shure i do no from what i can see ur plants are lookin pretty good so the problem cant be to big thats why i lean twords like i said mabey u got it a little to low on accident ,,,i wish u the best of luck bro i been watchin ur grow and dont wanna see nothin bad happen so i hope u get it all worked out man,,also id think a flush wont hert id just flushwith watter u no is inbetween a 6.5 and a 7.0

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

. I just watered 2 days ago and used superthrive and this problem has occured since then.
ST has never been on my "recommnded" list.. ;)

Does overwatering cause the leaves to have spots like that??

do you have spider mites? I had the same discoloring on my leaves and I think it was the spider mites that were doing it. I could be totally wrong. Your plants don't really look that bad. It does look like you are giving them too much water. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about your big fan leaves during flowering, they will start to die off towards the end of flowering anyway. Make sure your plants have adequate drainage because if they sit in water too long they will curl like that also.

It really only affected 2 of my 4 females, I flushed the one worse of the 2 yesterday to see if would help. Not sure if it did. Here are some pics, could low potassium do this? I dont think heat is an issue, I can hold my hand over top of plant and barely feels warm. I didnt think you could overwater when using ocean forrest soil since it drains so good, but I only water every 3-4 days(the soil is still moist for that long). So is this nute burn or something else? Thanks for all the help

pics 1 and 3 are of the whole plant
pic 2 is the top
pic 4 and 5 are what the leaves look like, curled under and orangey brown spots

IMAG0342.JPG

IMAG0341.JPG

IMAG0340.JPG

IMAG0339.JPG

IMAG0335.JPG

Is your new growth ok? As the plant goes through flowering the bigger fan leaves seem to start to die off which can look like nutrient burn. If your Buds look and any new is ok I don't think you have mush of a problem. Remeber as the plant gets futher into flowering a lot of changes to the other folage or older leaves.
Keep us posted

Latest posts

Back