4x4 area - how many plants ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel

rebel
Reaction score
how many plants should i flower in a 4x4 square ?

all depends on how much light you got and how big your ladies are gonna get too.with a 400watt light you should be fine with 4-5 3-4 foot honeys.1mx1m and you could really do with 600watts.thats the rule of thumb i use anyway bro.goodluck:)

One nice big fat one! hehe :p It all depends on how long you veg the plants for. I would think 5-6 plants that have been vegged out a bit would work good in that area.

Do one plant and give it 10k lumens a sq ft. I really want someone to do a 1 plant monster grow. Do itttttttt.

No more then 6 I would think but when you go into flower your going to be tight for space. I would recommend 4 and focus on quality not quantity!

Cheers!!!

degenerative_disc said:
No more then 6 I would think but when you go into flower your going to be tight for space. I would recommend 4 and focus on quality not quantity!

Cheers!!!

If he has quanity, he wont run out.....

I grow hydro so I would:

1. Throw a 1000w in the tent

2. Veg out four plants for at least 2 months

:)

You won't grow out 6 big, long-vegged plants in 4X4. My first grow, I tried 7 in a 4.5' X 8'. I thought I was gonna have to hire a munchkin to get in there to water and feed by harvest time.

One 600w will give you about 5750 lumens/sq.ft. That's adequate for growing tight buds.

A 1000w is gonna push you up around 8750/sq.ft. That would grow hair on a bowling ball.

Luck and peace.

You could grow out 6 full plants in a 4x4 place if creating a tiny jungle in your closet is your goal. It's going to freakin reek of weed though so if you do grow 6 I hope you have good vent with a carbon filter for smell. I'm a big fan of LST so I'd go with 4 plants and make em bushy but that's just me.

:holysheep: :holysheep: so we want hairy bowling ball ? 600 would be cool.......?

Conventional wisdom has it that 5000 lumens per square foot is considered adequate for flowering. A 600w HPS is rated about 92,000 lumens. A 1000w is coming in at 140,000 lumens. I think a 400w is around 5000.

PencilHead said:
Conventional wisdom has it that 5000 lumens per square foot is considered adequate for flowering. A 600w HPS is rated about 92,000 lumens. A 1000w is coming in at 140,000 lumens. I think a 400w is around 5000.

So help me out PH. If I've got a 4 X 4 area and using 400W MH to veg and 400W HPS to flower, what am I looking at for lumens per sq. ft.?

AG

600w will do ya fine but for the HPS i'd go 1000w. MORE POWER FOR YOUR PLANTS LOL!!!

do 1 biggun under a trellis for scrog effect and you'll get around 1 lb. with the right strain...but you'll need at least a 600w or better.

PUFF MONKEY said:
do 1 biggun under a trellis for scrog effect and you'll get around 1 lb. with the right strain...but you'll need at least a 600w or better.

how long would you have to veg to get that much?
do you have any more information on this type of growing technique that you speak of?

600w, waiting on my seeds - ww,master hush,jock horror, will be the strains. im prob. gonna go with 4 plants. thanks

Latest posts

Back