4x4 area - how many plants ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hugs4nuggs420 said:
In that area the MH will give you around 2250 lumens per sq. ft. and the HPS is giving you around 3125 lumens per sq. ft. so your a little short in both departments.

That is coe-rect.

4' X 4"= 16 sq. ft.

MH=36,000lumens
36,000 lumens divided by 16 sq.ft.=2,250 lumens per sq.ft.

HPS=50,000 lumens
50,000 lumens divided by 16 sq. ft.=3,125 lumens per sq.ft.

And we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun...

bluealein56 said:
how long would you have to veg to get that much?
do you have any more information on this type of growing technique that you speak of?

If your asking what a SCROG is it stands for "screen of green." Hemp goddess has detailed info on how to make on if you interested. Her DIY SCROG is part of here signature on here page so next time she post just look at the link there.

Pencil Head...I just grew out 6 plants veged for 2 months in a 4'x4' are under 1000w (first 3 weeks 600w and then added the 400w) I averaged 3 0z per plant. These were all spread out using LST, and 5 gl rectangle shaped trash cans, with soil. So he can do it.

I now have 10 clones in the same space that vegged for 2 months while this last bunch flowered. The 10 clones are not huge I kept temps on the cool side and lower levels of light, because I didn't want them to get huge while the others flowered. Once this last harvest was done I transplanted clones into 5 gl grow bags, pruned up unruley branches and lowers and moved into the flower room. I have plenty of room for the 10...and really if I wanted to put 16 small clones in there I could and still keep 1 sq ft per plant...but to me that is a little tight.

Anyway this is the sapce I deal with, if you have any questions you can send me a PM.

Oh yeah...I think I can pull more than a little over a lb from my space with this clone run...we'll see. This time I will have them under 1000w from the start, and have brand new bulbs in both lights...but I am switching up feeding and going organic...so who knows what kind of problems I have in store...lol.. just when I get it down, I got to throw a wrench in things.

I had to edit here, and say 400 is way too small. A 600w would have done fine with lumens per sq ft, but I didn't like the footprint I was getting from my one light, and the reason I added a second. With the 2 lights I was able to drop them down 10" from my canopy, with just the 1 I had to keep it up like 18-20" in order for the light to hit all the tops. If you want to use just one light get a reflector that is square so the footprint is the shape of your grow area...I have rectangle hoods...that I already had, and didn't even factor that in when I was building my space.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
If your asking what a SCROG is it stands for "screen of green." Hemp goddess has detailed info on how to make on if you interested. Her DIY SCROG is part of here signature on here page so next time she post just look at the link there.

Thanks though im already quite educated in the ways of the SCROG. I misread what was typed, i thought he was talking about growing the plants upwards along a trellis, like vines do.

Latest posts

Back