70 hps security light, ok for stealth grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardercross91

Reaction score
ok everyone, im starting another stealth grow, its a 3x3x3 area, and i was planning on installing a 70 watt hps sevurity light as my light this time around. its only going to be used for one plant, two, maybe 3 plants in combination with cfl's? im just wondering how close can a small hps light like this be to a plant? i know an hps isnt great for a stealth grow, but its not as much stealth as it is micro, so as long as im able to have this light about a foot away i think ill be good?

I can get my 70W just as close as my 55W cfl's. I remote my ballast tho. for 3'x3' that 9sq.ft. for HID you want 50w per sq.ft. or 3,000 lumens/sq.ft.
You need 27,000 lumens. 3' tall is gonna be tough as well.
Might want to see if you can get more ht. and you are going to need to pack in some light and lots of vent. ;)

i have the ventilation planned out, thats not a problem, and heat wont be a problem as well , the room is under the stairs, sorrounded by cement, and stays a steady 65 with out the lights, im guessing with the lightas it'll get around 80-85? i was planning on lst'ing the plants this time around, or just going to start flowering early on multiple plants to yield of many plants, just get a smaller yield of each plant?

I would get some chicken wire and scrog. At about the 8"'-1.5' level above the pots just attach chicken wire and tie the plants off to that. A homeade cooling hood would be a good idea as well so that if plants get too high won't grow into the bulb ;)

Latest posts

Back