8 days left, lots of frost coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
Ive got about 8 days left, mabe 10 on my two outdoor girls. Wether has been nice to me but now this week ive got a few hard frosts coming.

Should I chop them now or should I try to do the covering up thing?

how much stronger could they get in the last 8 days?

The improvement in strength could be sacrificed by increased risk of mold and frost burn. better to chop them 8 days early than lose the whole crop.

Risk Return.

I cut down my outdoor plant do to the weather changing and the smoke was good; Couldn't complain.

Oh I just smoked off of both....mind numbing highs, both....

I would be happy with the way they are now but if letting them go a little longer will help then ill just have to cover and uncover on a 12/12 schedule.....right? LOL

Hello New 2 :)

The problem with covering and un covering is that whatever you cover them with freezes to the bud as it covers them.

Then you lift it off and it rips the touching bits of bud off your plant if your not very careful.

When you cover a plant it stops the physical frost from getting to the plant, it doesnt stop the cold damage.

I read about something called the "wall of water" in a cannabis horticulture book.

Looks like this:

DSCN6024.JPG

i would chop.why take a chance on having frost bitten smoke.not me.i plan on growing out side next summer also.i hope to have my plants big enough to harden off early.i know tha sativas take a lot longer to finish flower,so i will have decent sized plants to put into the ground.chop them babies my friend

I heard about the covering thing where it freezes to your bud where it touches. I rigged up a little cover box for em that keeps the cover about 3 inches above the plant and does not touch it.

The temp is supposed to be down to 34 tonight, and 30 the next night....

So what Im basicly hearing is "Kerchoppin Time" right?

I cut mine down about two weeks ago, and am glad that I did. The last two weeks would have hurt the plants. Consider yourself lucky that you were able to grow this long. I'd say chop them down, and dry them out in time for Thanksgiving.

cut, dry, and cure. Smoke but don't chock on the turkey....ha ha ha gobble gobble goble.......

hey bro, on my way, got nippers in my right hand, bong in the left..... just waiting for directions!!!!!LOL!!!!!! yes i would chop now. why take a chance on ruining your buds??????

Mine finished 2 weeks ago thank god. We had temps in the 60's till this week, 34 for the high:eek: ! I would chop em if the already give you mind numbing highs. After all, that is all you are really looking for anyways.

well my climate is a little wierd. it will be 34 tonight for the low but right now its about 70....

I checked the trics today and it looks like ive finally got some amber.....that is wht I was after.... Im going to try to hold off the chop at least 2 more days.....if possible....i want some more amber in there....love couchlock!

I rigged up a themometer and hand warmer that ill throw under the cover tonight, ill come out several times and check the temp. Ive also got a themometer for the soil that ill check as well under the ground. If it gets too cold tonight Ill bring em down tomorrow....

Elaborate more smokingjoe exactly what did you think you were going to communicate to us through posting that smiley?

DomsChron said:
Elaborate more smokingjoe exactly what did you think you were going to communicate to us through posting that smiley?

It's a picture of me! :D The watch pot never buds. That's an old saying.

Latest posts

Back