8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they're turning into around

Looks like they're turning into around
Well I noticed I didn't post any pics of the sickest plan lol...

20230410_084250.jpg
20230410_084319.jpg

Next to a healthier plant...same treatment, different strain.

20230410_084242.jpg
20230410_084202.jpg

Maybe lower res ec even lower to like 1.5 then let it drift back up to 2 over the next couple days lesso? Will watering at a lower ec like this effect the plants that are doing well? Maybe hit her with an extra recharge this week?

Maybe lower res ec even lower to like 1.5 then let it drift back up to 2 over the next couple days lesso? Will watering at a lower ec like this effect the plants that are doing well? Maybe hit her with an extra recharge this week?
No it shouldn't effect the others. I see a lot of tip burn going on on so they're telling you it's been a bit high. a good flush with 5.8 water+calmag might help especially on the sicker ones.

Ok yeah someone else suggested the same thing in a different sub....gonna try to find some time today...

No it shouldn't effect the others. I see a lot of tip burn going on on so they're telling you it's been a bit high. a good flush with 5.8 water+calmag might help especially on the sicker ones.
Hey lesso is your system drain to waste? Im wondering what the benefits are of having the run off water going back into my res and having to adjust it every time 😒😒

It would be super super easy for me to make this drain to waste.....im starting to think that might be the move....

I also read one of your posts in another thread about your stress free environment...think I should implement that too? Maybe let them sleep a little? They been going 24-7 since birth pretty much...they are looking kinda rough today....def hasn't got better...but they have only drank at the new 1.5 ec 2 times...guess I need to give it some time...

Last edited:
Hey lesso is your system drain to waste? Im wondering what the benefits are of having the run off water going back into my res and having to adjust it every time 😒😒

It would be super super easy for me to make this drain to waste.....im starting to think that might be the move....

I also read one of your posts in another thread about your stress free environment...think I should implement that too? Maybe let them sleep a little? They been going 24-7 since birth pretty much...they are looking kinda rough today....def hasn't got better...but they have only drank at the new 1.5 ec 2 times...guess I need to give it some time...
Yeah let them sleep. 6 hrs at least. That will help them recover too.
I don't do dtw currently but the res will eventually stabilize with the buckets. I only need to ph down after the first feeding on a fresh res. I refil mine at about 20 to 25 gallons at a time. This takes about 2 days till I need to refil again.
You'll find your groove. Maybe in a dtw system or youll get the hang of ebb and flow.

Yeah let them sleep. 6 hrs at least. That will help them recover too.
I don't do dtw currently but the res will eventually stabilize with the buckets. I only need to ph down after the first feeding on a fresh res. I refil mine at about 20 to 25 gallons at a time. This takes about 2 days till I need to refil again.
You'll find your groove. Maybe in a dtw system or youll get the hang of ebb and flow.
Can you remind me how many times a day you feed them?

How is the smell? Lemony? Green Mojo coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the smell? Lemony? Green Mojo coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly there are so many plants in there i haven't been able to zero in on which ones I'm smelling when I go in there...I think a couple more weeks the smells will start to come....but im honestly a little discouraged and worried about my grow. They don't seem to be getting better....

Do you guys think this plant will ever get its color back? Or look healthy? Or once the leaves look like this, they are like that forever? At this point, will there be new growth for me to be able to tell if they are recovering? 3 or 4 of them look like this now....🥴 I think I got the cause of the issue under control, but not sure. Do I snip the leaves with brown spots?
20230411_071234.jpg
20230411_071218.jpg
20230411_071159.jpg
20230411_071156.jpg
20230411_071152.jpg
20230411_071034.jpg

When I defoliate I always take any leaf with brown spots or other problems first, just to get rid of the weakest parts of the plant.

Looking at your progress, I think you will have leaf problems through harvest. It almost looks like they are over watered, like maybe you need a longer ebb than you are currently running so they have a change to dry out more. But I'm just guessing. I never ran an ebb and flow setup before.

When I defoliate I always take any leaf with brown spots or other problems first, just to get rid of the weakest parts of the plant.

Looking at your progress, I think you will have leaf problems through harvest. It almost looks like they are over watered, like maybe you need a longer ebb than you are currently running so they have a change to dry out more. But I'm just guessing. I never ran an ebb and flow setup before.
Your probably right....lesso only does his 2 times a day I was up to 4x a day per the stupid instructions that came with the system and some you tubes I watched...guys were flooding 5, 6x a day...I switched them back to 2x a day a couple days ago...that sucks they are gonna stay like this... 🥵

Your probably right....lesso only does his 2 times a day I was up to 4x a day per the stupid instructions that came with the system and some you tubes I watched...guys were flooding 5, 6x a day...I switched them back to 2x a day a couple days ago...that sucks they are gonna stay like this... 🥵
I've had decent harvests with much worse looking plants. And getting this grow dialed in will make the next grow that much better. The 4X per day instructions probably assumed better drainage, maybe more or all perlite. Coco stays wet forever.

I've had decent harvests with much worse looking plants. And getting this grow dialed in will make the next grow that much better. The 4X per day instructions probably assumed better drainage, maybe more or all perlite. Coco stays wet forever.
Oh shit you know what your right...I didn't add any perlite when I transplanted to 5 gallons.

And your right... Idk why I expected perfection on my first run lol...

Wow, that's a lot of water holding coco. I could be wrong, but even once a day might be watering too frequently. With mostly coco, a couple of times a week is probably all you need, if that.

Ok this is def a manganese deficiency...my leaves look exactly like this...

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/manganese-deficiency
Prob because of my pH issues pretty much the whole grow up until a few days ago...I didn't realize how critical it was to have pH 5.8 going in. Was feeding anywhere from 5.9-6.2 most of the grow...didn't really show any issues until a few days ago. Surprised only 4 of the 18 are hurting. So far at least lol...weird that the ones showing signs of this are the ones with the most buds so far...maybe that's not weird lol...

I run 70/30 coco perlite.I also oxygenate my reservoir with a pretty big airstone. Did you already flush that plant with ph water?

Latest posts

Back