8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok this is def a manganese deficiency...my leaves look exactly like this...

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/manganese-deficiency
Prob because of my pH issues pretty much the whole grow up until a few days ago...I didn't realize how critical it was to have pH 5.8 going in. Was feeding anywhere from 5.9-6.2 most of the grow...didn't really show any issues until a few days ago. Surprised only 4 of the 18 are hurting. So far at least lol...weird that the ones showing signs of this are the ones with the most buds so far...maybe that's not weird lol...
That's a good thing. When you go from seed you will get plants with ph tolerance difference. Your grow isn't even looking bad buddy 😂
The deficiency almost always happens when ph isn't in range.

What's your ec? They look like they're running way hot to me.

What's your ec? They look like they're running way hot to me.
Yeah it was to high I got it up to 3.0...i thought I was supposed to push the ec a little bit bc Im supplementing CO2..but I've backed it down and am currently feeding/flushing? (Not sure if this is considered a flush) at 1.5 to get it back down a little...runoff is coming back at 1.7

That's a good thing. When you go from seed you will get plants with ph tolerance difference. Your grow isn't even looking bad buddy 😂
The deficiency almost always happens when ph isn't in range.
Thanks man! Appreciate it! Do you think 1.5 is good for now? How long do I feed at this ec for?

I run 70/30 coco perlite.I also oxygenate my reservoir with a pretty big airstone. Did you already flush that plant with ph water?
I have an big aquarium air pump in my res that moves the water around...is that good enough or would an air stone be even better?

As far as flush, I've been feeding at 1.5, should I flush with pH ro water one time? I'm not sure what to do ..

Run off has been coming back like 1.75-1.8....

I've been adding 5 gallons of RO water with power si in the res every day to get the ec back down to 1.5, pHing after every fertigation.

1.5 should be ok. As soon as you see more bud production start moving it up to about 2 and up to 2.5 . Remember plants turn around but it's slower in flower and you won't see it in the older leaves so much. So watch for the buds to stack mainly.

1.5 should be ok. As soon as you see more bud production start moving it up to about 2 and up to 2.5 . Remember plants turn around but it's slower in flower and you won't see it in the older leaves so much. So watch for the buds to stack mainly.
Thank you sir...like I've said before, I owe you!😬

Do you think lowering the DLI and temps are necessary? This seems like strictly a watering issue...will the lower dli help with recovery a little bit? Do you use recharge? I gave the sicks ones some this am and a couple were praying an hour later....first time all grow I've really seen that happen..

Yes for 2 or 3 days only then ramp it right back up

Oh no I've never used recharge. I will look it up

Hey guys, me again lol...

I was wondering when you guys think would be the time to start using the full tilt part of my nutrients which is the late bloom ripener....looks like it's just a pk booster.

Schedule says to use 2 weeks from harvest. Would you guys say I have about 3-4 weeks left on these ladies?

20230413_084126.jpg
20230413_084130.jpg
20230413_084140.jpg
20230413_084458.jpg
20230412_160529.jpg
20230412_160406.jpg
20230412_155126.jpg

Day 45....some are just starting to flower though. So I'm guessing I'd have to make a different batch of water and hand feed it when these ones are ready for the late bloom ripener?

Hope everyone is having the best week!

Put one in the air for your boy!

-blaze on 🔥📈

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413_093623_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413_093623_Chrome.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I start adding pk booster pretty early in flower in small doses. Just enought to get my ec up .2 or so. Then in the late stages I start upping the booster and dropping the other nutes to compensate

Ok cool do you think I could just add some to my res now? I've been diluting so I have it down to 1.4 at the moment. Maybe get it down to 1.2 and and whatever to get it back up to 1.4?

Do you think I should clip these leaves? Are they providing anything to the plant?

Looks like 4 of the 18 had this deficiency. The rest don't seem to be effected. Les you think I should flush these 4 individual ones by hand with pH RO water and some Athena cleanse to give these a good flush? I don't think it's getting worst but not better. Or maybe it is lol wish I knew...buds still developing though.
20230413_103407.jpg
20230413_103403.jpg
20230413_103400.jpg
20230413_103353.jpg
20230413_103348.jpg

Didn't have much going on at the office today. So I stayed home most of the day and messed around in my basement all day.

Tied down and defoliated 2 forgotten strawberry. These are 2 of the last ones to start flowering....I found that these yoyos work best for me....much easier to use than tie or clips in my opinion.

20230413_132842.jpg
20230413_132911.jpg

This is the last one, Pinot Noir 4. I managed to stunt this little girl even more than the other 2 by literally snapping the main branch in half when I tried to tie her down....I put honey and taped it up and a week later, she was back...trooper. these mephisto plants were not effected by the watering issues much if at all. At least no obvious signs.
20230413_134837.jpg

Also added the other 400w light I had sitting in between the 2 spider farmers. 2160w total in the tent now. Raised all the lights and turned them up to get better coverage. The tallest colas are getting 50-52 DLI. Temp: 86 rh: 57 vpd: 1.2-1.3...are these good numbers to be at now? Should vpd be higher?

Feeding now at 1.4-1.5.....Think I'm gonna add a tiny bit of pk booster (lesso) after my next dilute and start getting the ec back up to 2.0 and stick there. What you guys think? I'm super lucky to have found a master grower who is growing basically my exact set up and doesn't mind answering literally every question I've asked lol...

That's it for today.

-Blaze on 🔥📈

Last edited:
Ok cool do you think I could just add some to my res now? I've been diluting so I have it down to 1.4 at the moment. Maybe get it down to 1.2 and and whatever to get it back up to 1.4?

Do you think I should clip these leaves? Are they providing anything to the plant?

Looks like 4 of the 18 had this deficiency. The rest don't seem to be effected. Les you think I should flush these 4 individual ones by hand with pH RO water and some Athena cleanse to give these a good flush? I don't think it's getting worst but not better. Or maybe it is lol wish I knew...buds still developing though. View attachment 324660View attachment 324661View attachment 324662View attachment 324663View attachment 324664
Yeah start adding your pk.
Yes. Pull them out and flush those plants. And you'll eventually pluck those leaves but don't add stress to it just now. As soon as they're all flushed put them back in and flood the system with your nutes at 5.8 ph

Didn't have much going on at the office today. So I stayed home most of the day and messed around in my basement all day.

Tied down and defoliated 2 forgotten strawberry. These are 2 of the last ones to start flowering....I found that these yoyos work best for me....much easier to use than tie or clips in my opinion.

View attachment 324685View attachment 324686

This is the last one, Pinot Noir 4. I managed to stunt this little girl even more than the other 2 by literally snapping the main branch in half when I tried to tie her down....I put honey and taped it up and a week later, she was back...trooper. these mephisto plants were not effected by the watering issues much if at all. At least no obvious signs.
View attachment 324693

Also added the other 400w light I had sitting in between the 2 spider farmers. 2160w total in the tent now. Raised all the lights and turned them up to get better coverage. The tallest colas are getting 50-52 DLI. Temp: 86 rh: 57 vpd: 1.2-1.3...are these good numbers to be at now? Should vpd be higher?

Feeding now at 1.4-1.5.....Think I'm gonna add a tiny bit of pk booster (lesso) after my next dilute and start getting the ec back up to 2.0 and stick there. What you guys think? I'm super lucky to have found a master grower who is growing basically my exact set up and doesn't mind answering literally every question I've asked lol...

That's it for today.

-Blaze on 🔥📈
Numbers are on point.

Day 48...I clipped a bunch of dead leaves of this queens banner today. I couldnt look at that shit anymore. Should have some time today to get a couple more out the way. But the issue did spread to a lesser extent to the rest of the plants. I hope that was just remenents of the original issue, and something that's still going on. They have been praying a lot but the leaf color seems off, but the interior of the leaves which I think is new growth looks healthy. Hopefully we are straight now...

20230416_082116.jpg

20230415_094820.jpg

Also moved 2 of the plants to give this tropical wiz some more room....roots looking pretty good. Do I need to worry about transplant shock? Or are we good?
Screenshot_20230416_091550_Video Editor.jpg
20230416_063811.jpg

Starting to get some purple color on some a couple...

That's it for today...

Latest posts

Back