a good mistake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blunted

Reaction score
While Lsting my plant I snapped the stem near the top. I tied down the end as if It were the top and its growing twice the rate as my others, even though before the snap they were all the same size. The branches are growing so fast that there swelling at the nodes. All plants are the same strain and have been given same conditions. Has anyone else come upon this or think this is a sound method? im curious to see yeild difference in the end

the branches are growing fast because you topped the plant. cutting plants top promotes side growth-branching

I read a thread on another forum...dude "snaps the plants necks" to promote side branching and keeps the top as well, not sure the outcome...still following the grow. Will fill ya in after it finishes up.

bombbudpuffa uses this method religiously if memory serves me correctly today.

thanks for the input, If this works out ill def do it on my next grow. I was thinking of topping early and lsting two main branches, one to the left and the other to the right. Then when I reach the end of the pot, cut of the top and tie it down. I could possibly veg them longer and make two half circles with the two
branches..... ooo the possibilities, sorry bouts the ramblin

"snapping" the apical stem, serves the same purpose as "super cropping", or "topping". It effectivly re-directs the growth hormones and nutrients to the lower branches, resulting in accelerated secondary growth.

Latest posts

Back