A heads up about posting pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH NO!!! I think I posted a photo from my cell...and then the DEA called and said they knew where I lived...and then the IRS called and said they wanted to audit all my returns for the last 7 years...and then the Republicans called and said they wanted my vote - and I hung up immediately and gave my mother in-law my cell phone as a gift. She's now doing time in San Quentin...ok, now you know I'm baked. Fun though.

be careful..if you hear a noise it could be cheney out in your bushes with a shotgun.

OH NO!!! I think I posted a photo from my cell...and then the DEA called and said they knew where I lived...and then the IRS called and said they wanted to audit all my returns for the last 7 years...and then the Republicans called and said they wanted my vote - and I hung up immediately and gave my mother in-law my cell phone as a gift. She's now doing time in San Quentin...ok, now you know I'm baked. Fun though.
bwaaahahahaha.

I wonder if the data from a cell phone is any more/less revealing

I did read that certain image files may have geo-data on them. I was assuming this meant certain cell phone cams? I really don't know. The smart phones do have gps capabilities, so I would think if any camera would have that kind of info attached to a picture, it would be a cell phone.

What I suggest is that everyone re-save your image off of here, then check out the exif metadata and see if anything personal is in it, then act accordingly.

It goes back to the ole sayin' " If they want you...they will get you..."

:yeahthat: it seems to me that even if it is possible for any camera it would be one heck of a round-a-bout way for a :cop: to get info on you not to mention that it still would violate personal information that is against their own rules on how to collect it. Now if there is a photo unit in the unmarked black vans im sure they are just collecting and storing the whole shebang until i have a big enough habit to warrant a bigger grow. But since i just grow for personal use and have no intention of ever growing for personal gain i think ill take my chances on the 5th degree felony that it is and would accept the $250.00 fine it would be dropped to with how backed up the "just-us" system is. Heck if i was busted and went in on a weekend it would be time served :rofl:

*EDIT* Hey zip do one of mine and lets see what it says :rofl:

All pics posted by me are mine ! This computer is mine ! My camera is mine ! MY PLANTS ARE MINE ! I love marijauna... especially mine ! The police are welcome to come and take what is not theirs ! I'm happy to fill their prison bed... and continue to grow what will always be mine ! For that they cannot take away ! Keep the PASSION people and keep it green ! Peace and take care !

midnight_toker said:
I don't want to be chicken little. I don't want everyone running to all their posts and deleting pics. I highly doubt it is necessary, but I just wanted to give people a heads up that when you post pics from a digital camera, they have what is called "meta data" attached to them. This "meta data" includes information about the image. For example, and what setting you used...and also the camera's serial number. That is something that can be used to link the image to you. I'm trying to look into programs that will strip off this metadata. When I find it, I'll post info.

Well i kno that im on the safe side with my pics, because....my camera is stolen no worries...lol :D

midnight_toker said:
I don't want to be chicken little. I don't want everyone running to all their posts and deleting pics. I highly doubt it is necessary, but I just wanted to give people a heads up that when you post pics from a digital camera, they have what is called "meta data" attached to them. This "meta data" includes information about the image. For example, and what setting you used...and also the camera's serial number. That is something that can be used to link the image to you. I'm trying to look into programs that will strip off this metadata. When I find it, I'll post info.

This i believe can only happen when ya register your camera..How would they know it was mine..sounds like another thing for people to be paranoid over..Im sure some will thank ya..but I aint worried..have agreat day

Mr Ecstasy said:
Well i kno that im on the safe side with my pics, because....my camera is stolen no worries...lol :D

yeah that poor tourist you riped it off of is in so much trouble...:spit:

wow paranoia ,,,

why not just put a unseen magnetic feild round all your equipment then it will all be wiped clean of data when the :cop: arrive :giggle:

dont people get there knickers in a twist ,,,,,feel unsafe dont post pics ,,it aint rocket science :peace:

I size all my pics with Photoshop. I wouldn't have thought that there would be any camera data after that.

yep. there is. Photoshop doesn't strip anything.

It's simple here- if you are worried, download a free exif metadata stripper and run all your pics through it before posting. No need for paranoia, just take care of yourself.

4u2sm0ke said:
yeah that poor tourist you riped it off of is in so much trouble...:spit:

lol, that would be kinda twisted if something happened to em. :p

I bought my camera used. It was originally purchased in Hong Kong.:D

Mr Ecstasy said:
...I "hope" that was a joke.. We don't take kindly to low-life, bottom feeder theives. :hubba:

UKgirl420 said:
wow paranoia ,,,

why not just put a unseen magnetic feild round all your equipment then it will all be wiped clean of data when the :cop: arrive :giggle:

dont people get there knickers in a twist ,,,,,feel unsafe dont post pics ,,it aint rocket science :peace:

afroom.jpg

Latest posts

Back