A lil relocation won't hurt.. would it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently planted a few seeds in the front yard, close to my patio not really expecting the plants to grow. Well they did, it's only been about a month in a half and you really can't notice them unless your looking.. But pretty soon they will become noticeable, and I was wondering would it do any harm to dig (under the root) and just relocate them to the back yard..?? :2940th_rasta:

If we say "no" will you leave them there? Sounds to me like you have to move them man, just try to get as much soil around the roots as you can and give it a good watering when you replant it.

:afroweed: I recently planted a few seeds in the front yard, close to my patio not really expecting the plants to grow. Well they did, it's only been about a month in a half and you really can't notice them unless your looking.. But pretty soon they will become noticeable, and I was wondering would it do any harm to dig (under the root) and just relocate them to the back yard..??:afroweed:

If done with care this should not be a problem at all. Dig the holes out plenty wide and deep and keep the roots covered maybe in some burlap. Take advantage of the opportunity by digging a HUGE home for them and mixing in some premium soil.

:yeahthat:...and maybe a bit of bonemeal in the bottom of the hole too.

this happend to my friend, but they where just little things, he moved em before he had to get a big shovel...

That crazy vancouver guy said:
:yeahthat:...and maybe a bit of bonemeal in the bottom of the hole too.

I caught it, 1k... What did I win? :holysheep:

it shouldnt hurt if you are gentle. as stated dig the hole they will stay in bigger then you think is ok. then plant with admented medium, compost vermeculite and perlite some dolomite lime and water well (with superthrive) if avialable. keep watered in the heat of summer and mulch the top of the soil. the better mulch the less evaporation.

goodluck

trillions of atoms said:
it shouldnt hurt if you are gentle. as stated dig the hole they will stay in bigger then you think is ok. then plant with admented medium, compost vermeculite and perlite some dolomite lime and water well (with superthrive) if avialable. keep watered in the heat of summer and mulch the top of the soil. the better mulch the less evaporation.

goodluck

OK maybe Im just high but I just caught this one at his 420th post :)

ya gotta move it asap......but you knew that lol. make sure you prepare the spot your transplanting too. dig the hole a few feet wide and deep. Make a good soil mix. don't just bury that girl in some muddy, clay hole....or you'll end up with a plant that stops growing/small plant :doh:

keep it green.

Latest posts

Back