A not so special grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thought I would post some pics of my boring little grow. First 4 pics are my Northernskunk, 8 weeks today, no signs of amber trichs yet :( . She got seeded early on, so yield is way down, maybe get an ounce or so when done. Smells very floral, kinda like women's perfume. Easy to grow, didn't clone well, topped once and in 5 gal pails. Flowered at about 18", and is 3 feet now.

The rest of the pics are my Jillybean. A beautiful plant with the smell of skunky orange. A breeze to grow and clone. Topped twice, cloned off her a few times, so she grew into a lovely short bush, 30" tall and 3 feet across. And she was only about 18" when moved into flowering, no stretch. She is passed her due date, no amber tichs on her yet either. Maybe another week or so. Yield looks like it will be around 3 oz's or a bit less. 5 gal pail as well, and she and the NS were under a 400 watt hps.

IMG_0742_1.JPG

IMG_0743_1.JPG

IMG_0745_1.JPG

IMG_0746_1.JPG

IMG_0747_1.JPG

IMG_0748_1.JPG

IMG_0749_1.JPG

IMG_0738_1.JPG

IMG_0739_1.JPG

plants look great and ive never heard anyone say that subcool and mz jill grows are boring lol. those two peeps make some of the best strains around props on the job and dont worry another 3 days youll start seeing the trics start to turn color

More pics. First 2 pics, second generation clones from the initial JB mom in pics above. Took on some weird leaf formations (same formations as the other 3 clones I took). Normal??

Third pic, Northernskunk, and Skunkberry plants vegging, 4 mos old, neglected them a bit. They should be more stout and bushier. The SB's are hungry little fellers, and 2 of them showed sex already, males though.

Fourth, JB clones about 5 days old. Looking fairly tattered and dirty.

Fifth, Purple Power clone. Had her bonded up tight at the start, about 6'' tall, 1 month flowering and 18" tall and still growing. If anyone wants a plant that will grow 10' tall indoors, this is the one. @#%^%$ Purple Power.

Last pic are some clones flowering, 1 week in.

Any comments critisisms welcome, lord knows I would. CH

IMG_0754_1.JPG

IMG_0755_1.JPG

IMG_0756_1.JPG

IMG_0757_1.JPG

IMG_0751_1.JPG

IMG_0750_1.JPG

An I probably should lay off the nitrogen a bit in flowering. Maybe a bit green so close to harvest. And flushing might be a good idea (I'm not much of a flusher, I get no complaints on taste). I only use bloom ferts in flower, but I do get some nitro from my organic blend peat moss.

No grow journal here. I am a little lazy when it comes to posting. Just thought I would throw up some random pics for viewers to enjoy. CH

Fairly ghetto grow Bombb lol. Good potential, good strains, but not the best equip. Lights are old shop lights, with the ballast attatched right to light and shade (probably over 30 years old). So always battling high temps, and a little 5" inline fan for exhaust. And it all is in my furnace room, which causes temps to rise considerably when it is kicked in. But can't complain, could be worse. Hopefully by next winter I will have a better setup. Not going to have more plants, just more room and lights for tree trunk type grows. Thanks for viewing.

Crazy Horse said:
Anyone know why the clones came out as freaks?

Its normal man, a few of the ones ive taken have done the same thing. i had one that was a 7 finger clone go back to 3 for a node or 2 and then right back up to 5s and 7s again. Good looking stuff man :aok:

i think it looks great!!!!!!!!!!! i can tell by the waxy leaves and the growth pattern u been keeping the light low-LOVE IT!

Looking great CH. Have you ever smoked the Jillybean yet? Heard it had a great taste but lacks in potency. Bummer about the Stoneybuds being male. Anyway everything is looking great mang keep it up. ;)

trillions of atoms said:
i think it looks great!!!!!!!!!!! i can tell by the waxy leaves and the growth pattern u been keeping the light low-LOVE IT!

My 200 watt cfl is where it all begins. I keep it within 2 inches from my plants, and that usually keeps my nodes within a 1/2 an inch (except sativa's). And I'm a topper, so that keeps everything tight as well. Then in flower start the 400 watt lights about 2' away and let the plants grow into them to about 12-16" away from the light, rotating them everyday. And these girls didn't even double in size either. I love growing indica's, hard to find 3 foot sativa's. CH

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Looking great CH. Have you ever smoked the Jillybean yet? Heard it had a great taste but lacks in potency. Bummer about the Stoneybuds being male. Anyway everything is looking great mang keep it up. ;)

Smoked my last plant, but can't really judge her fairly, due to it being a hermie and chopped early. All I can say is that the flavour was one of my fav's. What an orange delight! :D

Oh and the males were Skunkberries, still have one more in there showing no sex. Hope it is female, my outdoor grow depends on it.

Well the Jillybean is supposed to be done at around 56 days, and she is at about 67 days. No amber trichs yet, and for some reason more new pistils are starting to appear. So I made a makeshift darkroom and threw her in there so she is in complete darkness. Plan on keeping her in there for a couple days, try to make her kick into high gear, but am a little nervous because I have no fan in there and the pot is pretty wet. So is this a good thing to do? I also wanted to harvest the top buds, and put her back into the flowering room to finish off the bottom buds. Is this period of darkness going to affect my plant going back in to finish off? CH Frustrated Grower!

And it seems like my NorthernSkunk is doing the same. She is nearing the end of the 8 week, and there are no signs of amber trichs, and new pistils are appearing as well. What could cause this extended period of flower and new growth?

So I checked on my girl that I got in the hole, now for 33 hours of darkness and guess what? More white pistils hahaha....... I 'm going to snap! Why is she doing this? I never flushed her, until about 3 days ago. Does flushing the nutes out earlier cause the plant to mature faster? Maybe making them think they have no food left, life is nearing an end, so time to gear down and die. Cause that is the only thing I can think it would be, extra nitro, or other nutes left in the soil, so she still wants to grow instead of die. There are no light leaks or nothing in the flower room.

So **** it. Cutting off the tops in the morning, and leaving the bottom half of the plant in the room to finish off (I hope). CH

Latest posts

Back