a quick question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
i just found a light, and wanna know if its good to add on to my lights.

it was for an old reptile.

its a super uv daylight
says its a t8. but im not sure about the uv thing, but there are uv rays outside

I use 4ft T8's for veg! T8 just means the size of the bulb, I don't no about the bulb you have because reptile lights usually are suppose to produce heat! I use a bulb that has a rating of 6500k uses 28w and produces 3200 Lumens. Hope that helps

Phatpharmer:hubba:

hey bud if its a t8 and you dont want to use the tube in it you can buy another t8 tube. But i dont think that the uv's should hurt her, just check for how much heat is given off.

There have already been several threads on this. Try using the search function and you may be surprised to how many questions have already been answered. UV lights are no good, get a bulb specifically for growing.

alright, well hopefully the 2-4 hours its on in there wont hurt her tomorrow, did a bit of research the manufacture says good for plants also. but ill probably get a replacement light. i would pull the light out, but the lights went out 20 minutes ago. and i probably wont wake up to pull it out for 2-4 hours. i shouldve set the light up to come on and go off at 2pm-2am lol. alright thanks guys thats all i needed.

cadlakmike ill start searching atleast a bit before posting next time. i always forget about search hah.

cadlakmike1 said:
There have already been several threads on this. Try using the search function and you may be surprised to how many questions have already been answered. UV lights are no good, get a bulb specifically for growing.
:yeahthat:

phatpharmer said:
I use a bulb that has a rating of 6500k uses 28w and produces 3200 Lumens. Hope that helps

Phatpharmer:hubba:

I have never seen a 28W fluoro tube that will put out 3200 lumens--can you provide a link? These are putting out more lumens per watt than the high output tubes.

:bump:
The Hemp Goddess said:
I have never seen a 28W fluoro tube that will put out 3200 lumens--can you provide a link? These are putting out more lumens per watt than the high output tubes.

me neither. i'd like to see too:woohoo:

Latest posts

Back