A watering question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
hello all, my question is i haven't watered in two day because i know i have to let them dry out a bit before i water. I put my finger in the soil and theres hardly any mositure 2 inches down, so i feel like i should water. my problem is my leafs are curled down at the tips like there over watered, so should i water or wair another day? if you check my grow journal you will see what i am talking about on my 15 day update.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39412

Have you started adding nutes yet? If there is water anywhere in the pot your plant will find it...

Wow, you are spread across quite a few threads.
Your girls looked fine to me.
I do not believe a finger 2 inches deep into your pot is a good determination of how much moisture is in the lower layers of soil. I do not water but once every 4 to 5 days, but this varies dependent on how big your plant is.
For ones so young, I can't imagine they would need watering every 2 or even 3 days....
IMO

seems like your in a testy mood, you should try not to post when your in that place. and, what do you think the link shows??? stick to the swamps pencilhead

At the start I was watering everyday but my plants were in small peat pots under a 1k watt light, my humidity was also dropping to around 20 percent which was causeing them to dry out fast. Now they are in 1.5 gallon nursery pots and I need to water them once every 3 days or so but I have been keeping the humidity at a solid 41-43 percent.

my humidity is around there, however i am in 1 gal pots. i think every 3 days is going to be a good schedule for myself. thanks for the info.

1 gallon pots will give you small plants. Mine end up in 10 gallon pots by flower time, but I have ample space...

Get used to how heavy your plants feel when they basically dry it makes it that little bit easier to decide when to water.
As for leaves curling down this can be caused by to much nutrients.
I didn't know about the drying out thing and used to give mine probably too much and they more than fine so dont stress to much.
I'd be tempted to not water right now BUT keep an eye on them if they start looking droopy water em.
It will all come with time man

Latest posts

Back