? about cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Cakes

Amsterdam indica
Reaction score
hey guys quick ? about cloning i know that flouresents are mainly recomented for cloning but i have a 13watt L.E.D. spotlight bulb (blue spectrum) that i picked up from HTG supply when i first started my grow and ended up not useing. I was wondering if i could use it for my clones or would that be to much blue spectrum for them. Thanks for any advice:D

Should work fine. Clones don't need much light but the absolute thing they hate is heat, so LED would seem like a good way to go.

as leafminer says, they'll do fine...

clones only need ambient lighting. you are looking at growing, and strenghtening your roots, instead of the foliage...

thanks for the replies guys anyone else have any input to add?

leafminer said:
Should work fine. Clones don't need much light but the absolute thing they hate is heat, so LED would seem like a good way to go.

Curious why heat is bad? I have a warming pad just for clones and seeds.Says it helps with root growth or maybe you mean the top of the plant.

heat to the top of the plant is what you don't want...

also, you'll want your roots in a dark environment. if in a clear cup, cover with dark tape...

a heating pad is great for clones and seeds alike. you want to keep your root enviro as warm as possible. you ever see what frozen roots on a bare , cold floor does to your foliage? not good...

Latest posts

Back