About time for americans to start lookin for males.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red eyed gardener

Reaction score
If you live in north america the end of july is a good time to start checkin for males.Keep checking for them every few days if you can. Especialy if you are growing mixed seed because they could have multiple maturity dates.This is one process that can be eliminated by using cuttings.One drawback to using cuttings is that they can not be set out to early or the short days will set them into flower.Reveging is usually succesfull but i have found that the longer it is allowed to flower the longer it will take it to put forth strong vegetative growth.Small seedlings can be set out earlier in the spring and they will not flower because they are not mature.However older seedlings that are closer to maturity will start to flower if they are detecting a short day light cycle.I have pulled males from my patch in early May and let the females revegitate through the summer which can be a little safer and a lot less work cultivating plants that will never amount to a hill of beans and could get you into just as much trouble as a female.Not to mention having to make more trips to the bush checking for males raises the security risk:rolleyes:

yeah checking my plant is tough....I have to go out my back door:p

:spit:

Latest posts

Back