Acetone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely fascinating.

Every now and again something on the forum crops up and I find myself compelled to go and do research.

Thanks guys :)

Excellent post :aok:

:peace:

if you are comfy with that tek, go for it.

acetone, regardless of its safety, may more may not pick up tannins/waxes/pigments that you dont want.

i cant for the life of me remember if it dissolves more or less plant matter then etho.

when i was growing sally crystals i would extract with acetone, which would give me this DAAAAARK green almost black liquid. then i used naphtha(i didnt know it was questionable at the time) and mixed it with the acetone. when you did this alot of the waxes and tannins shifted to the naphtha. the two liquids were vacuum filtered out of a sepratory funnel. the acetone was at this point a brownish green but lost most of the black color. next came a few drops of nitric acid in a sep funnel , parcipitate decanted, then again with naoh. from this the product liquid was a lightly colored acetone. i placed a seeder crystal in the bottom and placed it in the cooler. a day or so later i have crystalline salvinorin which i could then crush and dissolve into blotter or vape the rocks :p

this method isnt too far off from how you can make a canabinoid solution similar.

Vacuum filtering with activated charcoal will remove almost all those impurities.

:eek: You guys are killem me,,with all this lab stuff. I have a hard enough time remembering which Bong I wanna use.:D For now,,,I will extract with fire,,, and try the Alcahol(other method) later.:ignore:

"THC acetate has twice the potency of THC. On the Adams scale THC = 7.3, while its acetate = 14.6. Furthermore,there is a 25% increase in weight after adding the acetate structure." Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 68

The effect of the acetate is more spiritual and psychedelic than that of the ordinary product. The most unique property of this product is that there is a delay of about 30 minutes before its effects are felt.

CowboyBudsky said:
So I shouldnt use Alcahol?:confused:

That's not what I'm saying, I was just curious about using other solvents that I can get. I would personally prefer a solvent that doesn't dissolve in water.

Umbra or Lotek, I have access to glacial acetic, do you have any info on the process to make the acetate? A URL maybe?

no url from me. i have way too many reservations about posting this info i will send you a pm later.

what about that dust off stuff if you hold it upside down it looks like it can do the job but i know nothing about it anyone else?

forgot to mention theres alot of stupid kids that inhale the stuff so it seems reasonable somebody should try making some with there butane extract tools

Oh you mean those cans that blow dust off ... took me a minute there to think what you meant, I was picturing helicopters ... it is basically butane so far as I know.

Final result on the hash:
Yeah, it worked. I ended up with a ball the size of a small pea from about a half oz. of trim. I expected it to come out like hash oil, but no; the first day when I scraped it up it was a bit 'thin' but by the following day it had solidified into hash. It looks like Paki Black but it is a bit softer. I'm gonna try it tonight, mixed into some pure bud. Wowee! This was a cool experiment.

But I did find this interesting item on 420:

If you want much more buzz from your bud, then, IMO, its best not to smoke it. Try "bud pills" instead. When yoou smoke a spliff you only take in 15% of the THC in that spliff. 85% is wasted.

If you eat it, after decarboxylating the THC, you will get 100%.

What you need to do is grind the trichome laden bud until it is as fine as flour. Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and zap in the microwave a minute at a time until it smells strongly of hash and smokes very slightly. The THC has now been decarboxylated, which makes it more active when ingested. Now just pack the gunk into gelcaps (or small squares of cling film, so they can be made into capsule shapes) freeze them, then swallow. An hour later you WILL be off your face!

ooo alright i didnt know what that stuff is made of just that it might freeze the thc off into a liquid ...

i kinda did that second thing but with straight butter it was 3x stronger than anything you can buy at the local clubs

yeah thinking about it, the whole thing looks like it comes full circle with the cannabutter ppl over on the foodie part of the forum. LOL! They are decarboxylating their bud as well as correctly using a lipid to dissolve a lipid. Haha. Probably all this is rubbish. it is the result of testing the experiment.:woohoo: :lama: :ciao:

Latest posts

Back