Adequate lighting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Llama said:
I'm going out on a limb here in reference to ventilation. Last year I did a 'bathtub grow' that was very successful. I grew 10 plants to harvest in a 6'x3' bathtub. I built a light frame out of pvc pipe. I covered the whole thing with white polyvynil. My sole light was a 600w hps. The only ventilation I used were two 'cheap' oscillating fans. The grow room plastic was always open during the light phase and closed during the dark phase of 12/12. I never had a heat build up issue. I kept a thermometer in with the plants and it never exceed 82 degrees.My next grow is in a dedicated room that is 10'x16' I will grow no more than 12 plants at a time. The plants will have AC and fans, but again, no ventilation other than leaving the door open. I will again be using a 600w hps for my lighting needs. As soon as I start this grow, I will start a journal w/pics. My premise is that if you have a big enough space, you may not need the extra expense of ventilation.

Your crazy. You have not a clue of what you are talking about. What defines successful? Ventilation provides numerous things. 10x16 and a 600? Sweet. Cant wait for dank pics.

Llama said:
I'm going out on a limb here in reference to ventilation. Last year I did a 'bathtub grow' that was very successful. I grew 10 plants to harvest in a 6'x3' bathtub. I built a light frame out of pvc pipe. I covered the whole thing with white polyvynil. My sole light was a 600w hps. The only ventilation I used were two 'cheap' oscillating fans. The grow room plastic was always open during the light phase and closed during the dark phase of 12/12. I never had a heat build up issue. I kept a thermometer in with the plants and it never exceed 82 degrees.My next grow is in a dedicated room that is 10'x16' I will grow no more than 12 plants at a time. The plants will have AC and fans, but again, no ventilation other than leaving the door open. I will again be using a 600w hps for my lighting needs. As soon as I start this grow, I will start a journal w/pics. My premise is that if you have a big enough space, you may not need the extra expense of ventilation.

Do a grow with adequate ventilation and then tell us if you still think the grow without really was successful....yes you can grow MJ with very little ventilation and probably get some bud but you wld do a lot better with ventilation...and who the helll wants to be bothered with opening and closing plastic everyday? What a PITA that wld be....

And I am not even going to comment on the absurdity of using one 600w in a 10x16 area....

Llama said:

If you are using an AC unit then you have ventilation, otherwise were is the hot air going?

Jericho said:
If you are using an AC unit then you have ventilation, otherwise were is the hot air going?

The hot air is recirculated thru the cooling fins in the front, the hot air you feel out the back of a AC is the air cooling the condensor.

But as far as (proper ventilation) all my grows were done with only a window in a bedroom closet with only a AC , small closet grow. Open and close doors each day.
I have yet to see bigger buds grown indoors.

Yes its a PITA but I gotta do what I gotta do it just can be done.

Latest posts

Back