Advanced Nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonGrownBud

Connoisseur
Reaction score
So i was looking into ADVANCED NUTRIENTS for my next grow but ive heard its mostly chemical. And i like the idea of smoking something organic. but how much does it really matter? Also who here has used AN and how much do you like the results? as in yield potency & smoke? I've done lots of reading online but i would like to get some opinions from the members here at MP:cool:

The Advanced Nutrients line has both chem and organic nutes. I am seriously going to try the Jungle Juice from them as soon as I finish out the Nutrifield nutes that I am running now. I read that they have put a lot of research into this line and formulated it specifically for growing MJ. Don't yet have any experience with AN though. Not yet anyways. :)

I just went crazy and bought most of an lineup, figures at least its a complete system and ive never heard anything bacd about then except for the price. Bought gallon setups of sensi bloom and grow, bigbud, voodoo juice, b52, overdrive, prihana, bud candy and final phanse all ph perfece to the tune of $509.90 ill let u know if it woas worth it in about a month but the roots in my aeroater containers blew up after 1 feeding of it

I use general hyrdoponics brand , its very similar to AN but much cheaper. I believe there is a legal issue or was going on where Gh was suing An for formula infringement rights, just to show how close in formulas they are. Had great luck with the Gh 3 part myself .

Hey slack HOW MUCH and how many nute companies manufacture soo many things all designed to do exactly the same that being..... make more bigger fatter heavier buds.

Just ADVANCED NUTRIENTS.

Complete waste of money i have used them all and if they do what they claim well I'm a goose

T4

well i guess u could say im a sucker but i researched them at least well enuf for myself i believe that some products are a little redundant in their lineup, but i didnt get them all and yes jungle juice is suppose to be very close if not the same and gh but i went with the sensi 2 part nutrient bloom and seperate 2 part grow. I guess what sold me is a nice layout of what their products do for "GROWING MARAJUANA" and why. If the ph perfect system does what they say then thats just amazing but i still give well ph balanced ro water

Cool cool thanks for your input guys. i was also looking at htgsupply website and was considering ordering off there, they have complete Advanced Nutrient line-ups. is there a better website? or is that one good?
And HushPuppy is that jungle juice organic?

Sl4ck3rThcGrower said:
ill let u know if it woas worth it in about a month
Alright ill be waiting to hear how it works out best of luck:D

Time4Plan-B said:
Hey slack HOW MUCH and how many nute companies manufacture soo many things all designed to do exactly the same that being..... make more bigger fatter heavier buds.

Just ADVANCED NUTRIENTS.

Complete waste of money i have used them all and if they do what they claim well my dicks a kipper.

T4
I believe that certain companies do put more time, research & money into Nutrient's specifically designed to do certain things, one of those i'm sure being Advanced Nutrients.
i disagree that slacker was a sucker, otherwise AN wouldnt make any profits besides off first time "Suckers". but im still curious of peoples opinions on this Brand so any more input is more than welcome;)

Ill spare you the gdp clones cause i didnt start them on An nutes but they are sooo super smelly. I did however sprout 23 blue knights that have just been cloned and are about to be put into flowering. They sprouted in jiffy pellets and transptanted into ff ocean forest soil when the were ready 2-3 weeks in imnot sure i started feeding sensi grow a&b 8ml each per gallon, voodoo juice 8ml and b-52 at the same. had to bump up to 16ml of a&b after the first month and stopped the voodoo juice and they liked the bump and i kept them at that for 2 and a half weeks. then since i was going to clone them i cut out part a cuz it was just N and halfed the part b for a feeding but kept the b-52 at full 8ml a gallon, heard it was better to lower nitrogen b4 cloning. Anyways taking 3 cuttings off each and most of them topped to keep the canaopy even, but they all didnt even flinch and not they dont even look like they were topped at all with the growth since. Oh and my avatir is a pic of the growroom and the blueknights Ive been slowly cutting off 2 hours of light to get them to 12/12 i had them 24/0. Wish me luck on the m/f ratio i have my idea of which are which but im still new at sexing plants

Oregan no one said slack was a sucker i admitted i was and fell for their advertising stuff i now use simple feed bloom and buddy thats it no additives and get same or better results than when i was being robbed by AN with all their bud enhancing $$$$$$$$ nutes.
T4

Sounds like you got your nutrients very organized slacker, or at least very specific. At the moment i only use 3 fertilizers. nothing too special.
Sl4ck3rThcGrower said:
Wish me luck on the m/f ratio i have my idea of which are which but im still new at sexing plants
May the Ganja Gods be with you:D

Time4Plan-B said:
Oregan no one said slack was a sucker i admitted i was and fell for their advertising stuff i now use simple feed bloom and buddy thats it no additives and get same or better results than when i was being robbed by AN with all their bud enhancing $$$$$$$$ nutes.
T4
Well he suggested he was a sucker. And i was just putting it out there that he wasn't. And if you get the same results using less expensive stuff, then power to you brother. Hopefully some time down the road once i got a few more grows under my belt ill learn what best fits me, maybe its the more expensive stuff or the cheaper stuff who knows. But ill definitely keep your thoughts and experience in mind. Id hate to be paying money up the $$$ for nothing.

Hi oregan well ive been at it for over 13 years constantly and have tried most grow styles, most types of hydro, soil, aeroponics and now back to simplicity itself.
Ive tried most of the nutrient manufacturers boosters some costing £100 a litre recently a couple of years ago the last booster i used was canna boost @ £50 a litre none made the slightest dfferance to my final yeilds using same strains same style of growing.
Best advice i can offer is 'keep it simple'.
What is simplier than a hempy bucket coco and one part nutrient Vitalink that costs £17-£20 -5 litres and last nearly a year.
T4

well i did i small summer test with me and a friend with an outdoor grow. Both got a clone of the same cut, cali kush. We were both new didnt know what to get and wanted to keep costs down. He went with botanicare single part and i went with an all organic earth juice. Both of us had about the same height but my buds were smaller and not nearly as many trichs. Also are you nutes even avaible in the states. Europeans have more products avaible to the that we cant get. I know that the Advanced nutrients that i have im not suppose to have them in california or in oregon with the new ph perfect system only avaible in like 20 states.

Hi slack dunno if Vitalink are available in states but NorCalHal knows his stuff better than most and im sure he will point ya in the right direction is asked.
T4

Sl4ck3rThcGrower said:
I know that the Advanced nutrients that i have im not suppose to have them in california or in oregon with the new ph perfect system only avaible in like 20 states.
That explains why i cant find it in the grow shops around here. The workers there didn't even bother to tell me that when i asked. Do you get yours off the internet?

Time4Plan-B said:
Best advice i can offer is 'keep it simple'.
I'll definitely remember that. I like simple:cool:
what's a brand you prefer?

Vitalink my nutes of choice last 2+ years.
But you living in states possibly cannot get this u.k. nute brand.
T4

Yes i got them online shipped from Canada. I ordered thru Advancednutrientsonline .com they were the cheapest i found.

The reason for the problems getting some nutrients and AN in particular in certain states is the way the state regulations are set up.

In the US each state has the power to set up their own regulations about what manufacturers can put on the label, how accurate labels have to be, and so on. For example, Florida requires all labels have an orange on them (the state fruit/tree). So if you want to sell your nutrients in Florida you've got to print special labels just for that. Annoying and costly.

It's all because the fertilizer giants - the ones that sell to farmers, not growers - don't like competition. They have the money and the resources to cut through all the red tape. And smaller upstarts don't. Probably every hydroponic company has some state regulation woes, but the smaller ones have a lot more problems than the bigger ones. A lot of people don't realize that Advanced Nutrients is not a huge company. I doubt they're even in the top five hydro nute makers in terms of size.

And that doesn't even get into the politics involved. Say Oregon wants to send a message that they don't like pro-MMJ companies. What better way than finding reasons to reject their products? Who here honestly believes the government is too honest to fake a lab report to screw over a company known for advocating MMJ and decriminalization?

I'm not saying they did. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me at all IF they did.

EDIT: I found an article related to this in Rosebud magazine if anyone is interested: hXXp://www.rosebudmag.com/hydroponics-industry/you-are-being-robbed-states-are-not-telling-truth

Time4Plan-B said:
T4

Well put.:yeahthat:

There is NO such thing as a mj specific nutrient.

There IS such a thing as mj specific marketing.

Knowing the difference is priceless.

Wet

Hey I don't know without trying it but AN has out the Jungle Juice that I mentioned earlier, and they say it was specifically designed for MJ and hydroponic. I am not sure if it is organic or not as they don't say on the discription. I can't find it in some places but I get most of my stuff from Discount-Hydro.com, and they carry it. It is a 3part base nute system that is $20 per gal for each part, or $8 per qt for each part. I don't know if they are just hyping it or telling the truth about it being designed for MJ, but the reviews for it are good so far. :)

Latest posts

Back