afghan and NL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:holysheep:

-no news on the hermy, im leaning towards leaf set not nuts..
-rediculous growth, the stretchy afghan is HUGE. 4-6 inches in 2-3 days..
-One afghan has some weard leaf twisting on the new/newest growth, others took the nutes fine :rolleyes:
-Thank god, another NL Female.. It was my very last NL seed and healthiest plant I've prolly ever made. Tight nodes, sexy coloring..
-My oldest midget sativa is now taking up way too much room :hitchair: oh well

pic 1.. New NL Female + Midget Sativa
pic 2.. Afghan trees
pic 3.. THE CLOSET FOREST

if anyone can tell me how to make my leaf tips the same color as the rest of the leaf I'd be much obliged.. Yellow tips GAH

Very nice mang. The ladies are coming right along and looking great. :hubba: As far as the yellowing on the tips i wouldn't worry much about it as long as it's only the tips. ;)

just some shots from yesterday. Starting to smell it when I come in the house, time to decide upon odor control.. maybe some info on that in next update if i get off my :holysheep:

Current residents of the Closet Forest.
3x Afghannies,
1x Northern Lights,
1x heavy duty fruity bagseed (way ahead)..

Flower is just beginning for all but the one that has obvious buds. When exactly do you begin the 8 or whatever week count down?? 1st day 12/12 or is there a symbol for when flowering period begins?

I been told to count first day of flowering from when the pistils first start to show. Those babies are looking good. I take it the squat 3 are the afghans? :D

actually the 2 tall ones are afghans, they had all the light they needed in veg and grew right into it, the tallest afghan is growing 1" per day or so.. i had 6" in 2 days right after it got in 12/12 lol... 1 short one is an afghan that is just as big but grows sideways instead.. and the other squat one is NL :)

Starting to get double pistils so I'm callin this Day 1 of Flower for all of them. yipee

I'm afraid one must be culled for the sake of species and growers everywhere :(

It has until this time tomorrow to prove it's female heritage. :rolleyes:

looks a 'little' yellow standard, like N deff. How far into flower?

Hick said:
looks a 'little' yellow standard, like N deff. How far into flower?

6ish weeks.. I dont see how it could be N deficient because I transplanted it into a 18" pot with a ton of fresh soil about 1.5 weeks into flower, should be plenty of N in that black gold. It's been getting a mild to regular dose of Fox farms grow big every other watering and recently recieved its first weak dose of tiger bloom.

More disturbing to me than the color, as all the smaller younger leaves adjacent to buds are still quite green is the crispyness of the fan leaves. They are kinda hard and crispy. Don't get me wrong they wont break off like a dead leaf or anything.. they'll still bend and be malleable .. but they have a rough feel to them unlike..all other cannabis leaves I've felt. When you push your thumb along the surface of the leaf you can feel the ridges.

maybe it's just a weak plant? I lost most of it's roots when it was in the same pot as another seedling and spent a while in recovery before going into flower and being transplanted very early in flower.. it never showed any transplant stress at all either, practically started budding the next day.

hmm.. should have plenty of nitrogen then.
6 weeks.. I don't think I would muck with it much at this point. Looks like only the older fans are yelowing, buds look great :).

Hick said:
I don't think I would muck with it much at this point. Looks like only the older fans are yelowing, buds look great :).

Cool, thanks for that. Once I pull the fan leaves off in a few weeks it'll be one solid frosty bud. Tell me what you guys think of this newbie theorizing..

Being cautious with tiger bloom I did not start the plants off on it pre-emptively and waited for some deficiency so I've just started on the mini sativa with tigerbloom. Maybe since it's starting to make buds and didnt have the right nutes it started to zap the leaves? hehe, idk.. not gonna update for a while.. gotta build a carbon filter and seal in some light soon, gettin stinky

budz a poppin, in the closet forest

All plants now in full bloom. Oh man, oh man, oh man... Started 90ml (1/5th or so) dose of tiger bloom. Afghan number 1 has broken 30", was 14.5" at day 1 of 12/12 so let's hope it stops growing vertically LOL.

midget sativa is continuing it's maturation, I believe it's fan leaves will begin to die off 2-3 weeks.

The 2nd pic is afghan #2, which has some lightening on larger fan leaves in front with Northern Lights #1, which just began flower right behind.

headband said:
im loving that litttle girl, shes so cute:hubba:

smells like skunk and sweet lemon, beginning to go purple and some hairs are turning orange.. oh man it's gonna be some FIRE

Looks good man going to be some serious smoking going on. So when is the party again ;)

Latest posts

Back