After Applying Insecticide...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Hey folks, just a quick question here for those more informed than I am. After I spray my ladies down with insecticidal soap, do I spray them down with plain water afterwards to clean off the soap, or do I leave them to dry?

I looked at the bottle of insecticidal soap that I got.
Bonide brand.
The label has no directions for rinsing.
But I know I have read it in a grow guide here that you should leave the soap on for a while then rinse with clear water.
I'm trying to find where I read that.
:)
Gb

Thanks. Yeah I've read something similar saying that the soap or whatever disallows the leaves to transpire... or something. I'm going to spray the ladies down anyways with tap water.

Looking under my leaves I can see mites, but they aren't moving :):). Got 'em!

No...

Do not rinse anything off!

There is a reason that you can't find that in the instructions...

If that were part of the treatment, they would put it in the instructions, not leave it up to the consumer to guess..

I would Follow the instructions...:)

oh, yeah...I use safer soap and Azamax and other stuff..I never rinse anything off and I have great results with every treatment I try;)

I never rinse the insecticide soap off my plants. Like cmd420 said, if you needed to rinse, it would be in the instructions.

Oh ok, thanks everyone! I'll leave it be and see how they do :).

I still can't find where I read that.
I could have been thinking of the chemical that you have to rinse off.
My bad.
:eek:
Gb

Ah yea, I think you might be thinking about that "leaf polish" type of spray stuff you apply, it shines up the leaves and makes them all purdy.

ive never "rinsed" soap off of any plants after spraying them and havent had any problems..

Latest posts

Back