Ahh!!...What happened??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbiegrower

Mmm...tasty
Reaction score
I went to check on my kids this evening and found one of them looking especially sick...what should I do? I'm using 3 26w clf's (= 100 each) about 2 inches from the tops of the plants in a 2x2x2 space. I water them about every other day or so as the soil dries out very quickly, and I recently moved two of them, including the one in the photos, into bigger containers.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

:holysheep: Oh my..... cool the babies down... away from the light... water quick... (but not when the dirt is hot...) Give them something for shock... Do you have any Thrive??? Vitamin B??? You might need to move that light and get a fan and water lots and lots in veg... Good luck...:watchplant::watchplant:

what kind of lights? if they're anything other than fluorescents, then yeah, they're too close, but if they ARE floros, then 2 inches should probably be good, and this is some other problem. is it ONLY this one plant?

they are cfl's...26watts each which supposedly = 100 watts each...and they other two plants i have are a little droopy but nowhere near as bad as this one.

IMHO - these are certainly not tiny babys so i wonder if they are too damp???? they look a bit washed out. on the other hand i have ruined small plants by listening to the "floro's aren't hot put them right up on the plant" thing.

maybe they aren't getting enough light? 3 26 watt cfls isn't much. thats roughly 75 watts. i have been growing under cfls. maybe water less and add more lights?

sorry, maybe they are drying out? in your pix they look pretty wet. i would still throw some more light on that baby. when i was using 26 watt bulbs i would surround the plant with 5 or 6 or 8 of them and move them around. i keep hearing bad soil can stunt growth too. i have just went to the greenhouse and got fox farms and had no problems.

Well, I was only using a small desk flouro and a 13 watt cfl, and they were doing ok, but stunted....then i took those out and threw in the 3 26 watt clf's, one hanging directly over each of my three plants, and they began to grow a lot faster...but now there is a lot of heat generating...if i don't keep a fan in there then the temp gets up to 90-95...and in those pics i had just watered them after finding this one all shriveled up...so for now i moved them away from the light somewhat and put the fan back on them and watered them a good deal....hopefully this will help?

imho - with little plants in good soil you don't need to fertalize at all. even with a big plant in good soil i don't fert much: 1/2 what is recomended every other watering. (of course hydro is different.)

Well unfortunately i went with a fertilizer that is supposed to be an extended release formula which only requires putting it down every 4-6 months, and i only used about 3/4 of a tsp of it which was what was recommended on the back of the bottle for the 8" container i have

It looks like over nute. They are too small to need ferts yet in soil. I usually don't add ferts to soil until the roots fill the container. That is under hid lighting. Good soil has all the plants need already until they are used up. Under flouros they need even less nutes because growth is slower. Some may disagree but I have found less is more. Burn your plants and they take a while to recover.

dont give up. i have burnt and otherwise abused small plants and thought they were dead but ended with a big robust girl. flush the sh+t out of that plant's pot. add as much light as you can. stop ferts/nutes.

i enlarged the pic, and i noted yer using what looks like mircle grow slow release nute soil- u need to transplant AS WELL. that soil will kill them all so you need to swich to an all organic soil. i can tell you have slow release nutes in the soil so u need to get them OUT of that soil ASAP.

im suprised no one noticed.

So Mircle Grow Soil is a No No for young seedlings huh ? No wonder my first try was totally ruined. Im on my second try with 5 plants in the same mircle grow soil pots i was using, but i guess this time 4 of the current seedlings are fine and only 1 showing a little sign of over nuted (burned leaves tips). I already transplanted them into the big 5 gal buckets with mircles grow soil and foxfarm mix. Ahhhh, should i transplant again ? Next time no more MG soil !!!! LOL !! I heard of them little nute capsule are slowly releasing into the soil when watering and seedling are too young to handle them, now i believed !

Thank you guys so much for the help...hopefully I can get to the store today and save them in time!!!

Latest posts

Back