Air conditioners and escaping odor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph James

What's goin on?
Reaction score
I am going to have to use a window air conditioner in my grow room eventually and I'm wondering what i can do to counteract the odor which will escape through the machines radiator?

I will probably have a can filter on the light exhaust to help with odors but when the lights are off there is nothing to stop the smell.

Would placing Ona blocks inside the airconditioner work?

I live right on the highway where sheriffs and there dogs drive by occasionally and I wouldnt want one barking his head off when they drive by!

Any ideas?

i would build some kind of carbon filter for it and hook it to the intake, you sound like you could do it..

Timmyjg6 said:
i would build some kind of carbon filter for it and hook it to the intake, you sound like you could do it..

Thanks Timmy

I actually thought of doing that, maybe i can find some DIY carbon filter info on here somewhere and utilize it to make my own flat carbon filter that i could fix to the intake.

yeah check out the DIY section on the main forum page... It looks pretty simple... HTGsupply has 4" carbon filter for ok precess... I would just build a custom size one if i were you.. Just giving you a couple options.

Afrikaaner said:
dont most ac units have a re-circulate air option?

All ac units recirculate the air and only if you push that button that says vent will it vent outside.

Growdude said:
All ac units recirculate the air and only if you push that button that says vent will it vent outside.

Yeah.. but wont some of the odor escape and possibly alert a K-9? I live right off the highway...and I am kind of worried about a dog catching a flying whiff and alerting his popo master lol.

Should I be worried?

idk, i'd just build a carbon filter and keep it by the plants, if you stop the odor at its source..

That, or invest in an ozone generator. not sure on how well they work but they sound good...

Latest posts

Back