air in intake ducting being heated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolAsAFan

Reaction score
im running about 4' of 4" ducting through my veg chamber (2x4x3') venting air from outside into my flowering room. I cant really move the ducting out of the chamber due to thats how its being hidden. the temp is usually 70-78 in the veg chamber. my question: is the air from outside coming in through that ducting being heated by the air in the veg chamber? oh yea, i have a PC fan pushing air in from the window on the intake, and am thinking of sticking another one on the outake (of the same ducting) to move the air through faster so maybe it wont heat up as much?

:ciao::welcome:To the Only Place

I am sure there is some heat transfer going depends mostly what type of light and how close your duct work is to said light. Oh yeah, comp fans are not really meant to push or pull air thru duct work, so 2 fans has to be a massive improvement.

We'll have to talk, but not now :bong1::bong1::bong1:. It sounds like we have very similar setups :)

3 CFL's in veg chamber, i forget watts but 2- 1750 lumens (for clones) and a 2600 lumens (for mother), but when vegging i swap out the 1750's for 2600's and temp does go up 1-2 degrees. the lights range within 6 inches of ducting. how can i test this?...measure temp of air coming in from window by intake, then measure outtake? i guess the most accurate way to do this would be in night cycle so light from flo room doesnt tamper with outtake temp? thanks for such fast responses guys as this was my first post on here.

the faster the air is moving the less heat transfer taking place.

go through the diy, there is tons of info there.

are you doing soil?

the more details you provide about your set-up the better idea of whats going on. a pic is worth 1,000 words.

by testing with my method above, temp change was +1 F with one pc fan on intake, with 2 pc fans (intake/ exhaust), there was virtually no temp change. this is kind of a passive intake as air exhausting from the flo room is being pulled by an inline fan, i read that pc fans help push air along passive intakes and thats why i use them. thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back