AlienBait Tries Cold Cathode Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn bro you got me drooling over here at those ladies great grow bro loving the pics cant wait to see some harvest shots:D

AB you are the man! I cant believe how nice they came out :holysheep:

ktownlegend said:
update homie, ur slackin, im missing all the mind dazzling fun and info u put out. lol

Slackin??? :holysheep: It's only been a week. LOL!

Anyway, I just finished harvesting these plants this morning. I'll have the picures up a little later today (as soon as I can find my USB cable:eek: ).

another amazing alienbait thread

I have lots of experience with pc cases and I'm familiar with the lights and never even thought this was possible. Would these work well alongside an hps or cfls or would it be cancelled out?? These would make some easypeasy no heat side lighting..

O.K., so I am a day late. :eek:

I chopped the plants yesterday. Did not get much, but like I said earlier, this was just a test to see if Cold Cathode lights would even work. I think with more lights, the harvest would have been even bigger. They do look nice and frosty, though. Anyway, on with the pics :hubba: :

1) Right before the chop. White Satin in the left, White Widow on the right.
2) White Satin
3) WS a little closer
4) WS even closer
5) White Widow
6) WW a little closer
7) After trimming the leaves
8) WS
9) WW
10) WS came out to 24 grams wet.
11) WW came out to 12 grams wet.

I'll get the final numbers in a few days after it is dried.

CCHarvest-1.jpg

CCHarvest-WS1.jpg

CCHarvest-WS2.jpg

CCHarvest-WS3.jpg

CCHarvest-WW1.jpg

CCHarvest-WW2.jpg

CCHarvest-2.jpg

CCHarvest-WS4.jpg

CCHarvest-WW3.jpg

CCHarvest-WS5.jpg

CCHarvest-WW4.jpg

:aok: great grow man!!!
Looks like you can flower under those lights ;)
Do you know what the final hieght was of the plants?

Good lord, it looks like you dumped a bag of sugar on top of those plants! Awesome grow!

Mutt said:
Do you know what the final hieght was of the plants?

The White Satin was 14 inches tall and the White Widow was 11 inches tall (not counting the pots). :)

That was a cool gro AlienBait, you got some gears grindin on this site with that one. very interesting.

Well, I have the final numbers.

The White Satin was 5 grams dried and the White Widow was 2.5 grams dried for a total of 7.5 grams, which is just over a quarter oz.

The quantity was not much, but this grow has given me some interesting ideas. The next time I use these lights it's going to be another fun little grow.

Hope you enjoyed the show. ;)

I have some pictures of the dried bud, but either my camera is not very good or I just cannot take a good picture. :eek: Anyway here they are:

1) White Satin
2) WS Close up.
3) White Widow
4) WW Close up.

DryWS-1.jpg

DryWS-2.jpg

DryWW-1.jpg

DryWW-2.jpg

:aok: excellent thread bro. Enjoy your well earned bud. :D

what is your FINAL conclusion on this setup? Do you think it's really worth it? I mean compared to LED what do you think??

BTW, where did you find only a 50 watt power
rsupply?

md.apothecary said:
what is your FINAL conclusion on this setup? Do you think it's really worth it? I mean compared to LED what do you think??

BTW, where did you find only a 50 watt power
rsupply?

Final Conclusion: You can grow a small plant with Cold Cathodes, but it needs a little more research/trial and error. Compared to LEDs....Can't really compare them yet, but I would say at this point they about the same as fluorescent tubes, just a lot smaller so can fit into micro-grows even better (computer case for example).

The power supply is a 150 W supply, meaning it can handle up to a 150 Watt draw. The components I used only drew 50 watts, so I could have had run 3 times what I was running on that one power supply. :)

Was the heat negligable with the LED's compared to a compact flo? Or did the Power supply heat just make it the same?

Mutt said:
Was the heat negligable with the LED's compared to a compact flo? Or did the Power supply heat just make it the same?

The heat with the LEDs is negligable and there is no power supply. The LEDs I have run off 120Volts.

The Cold Cathodes, however, put out as much heat as Fluorescent tubes so I had to run a computer-case fan to vent the box. I kept the Ballasts and power supply outside of the growing box to keep the heat down. If you look at the pictures on the first post of this thread, that is how I kept it throughout the grow. ;)

CONGRATS on a fine harvest AB. :aok: Looks like it's gonna be some great smoke once it's all dry and cured to perfection. ;) Great job mang. :aok:

Latest posts

Back