Allgrownup: Northern Lights x Shiva

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap bro those ladies just blew up on ya. :eek: That's one fine looking jungle you got growing. ;) Anyway your stretch should be about over i would say. Is there anyway you can maybe tie some of the bigger branches down if they get to close to the light?

wow i have to say that is some sea of green you have there can't wait to see more you might wantto cut the extra bracnhes off under then screen to get more air under thier

Hey man, plants are looking really nice, and i am definitely a fan of scrog. however, it looks pointless in your grow as the plants have just grown through it. I've always heard you keep the scrog moving up as much as you can without harming plants. and then trim lower fan leaves that arnt receiving much light.

I find its better suited for people with less plants... because you can fill up a lot of space using the scrog method.

so i just feel like the scrog barely improves the grow or didnt help it too much to get them like they are. that being said, they are beautiful plants and it will obviously be a plentiful harvest.

IMO

EDIT: If you would like an example of what I mean, my friend and user named Scrog is currently about to finish up his cycle and he used scrog (hense his name). He used 3 plants for 7 sq. feet. which is LOTS of room but if you see the pics, the closet is filled! filled with many buds tied through the scrog as the screen was moved up every so often to keep it with the height of the plants. Scrog has let it grow a bit out of control in the last couple of weeks to help any last plant growth spurts to be optimized but you'll get the idea

And i hope you know i dont mean any disrespect, just another point of view ; ) happy growing

hi allgrownup, nice growup u got there. i enlarged thr pic u posted + man, u r out of space, + i think that helps attract bugs - crowded + not enough air blowing on them. i would be thinning out the weakest + cutting the tallest girls down to the same heights as everything else. keep up the good grow.

yeah the scrog was working sweet till i realized i couldnt fill the screen all the way over on the right side cuz it would cut off air circulation. The screen did help spread them out where i wanted them. and then they shot up over 32"!

My feeling is that there is a benefit to having the screen but had the space been greater i could have leveraged it much more. First try with that. Now i know. Thanks DJ for the info regarding SCROG. I will check that GJ. I think 4 plants and the screen will be my mark for the next grow of WW. I will adjust my screen higher as well.

I think i'll just let the plants go a bit longer. they gotta slow soon than later.......i hope

Here we are at just over 3 weeks in flower. I want to add the mother i flowered just to show the difference between a cfl and HID grow. Same strain, flowered at same time. CFL grow is a mother plant that is many months old flowered at the same time as the HID grow which are only 5-6 weeks old veg/flower total.

2 Cabinets:

I will show a quad cfl with 2 cfl additional.

and the grow this thread was based on:

A 400W HID with 4 cfl's

For Starters, here's the all CFL grow:

underquadcfl.jpg

underquadcfl2.jpg

underquadcfl3.jpg

underquadcfl4.jpg

underquadcfl5.jpg

underquadcfl6.jpg

HID 400W in 3rd week

same lighting schedule, same nutes, same systems, different light:

you may think that the cfl look better by the pics as they seem to be more developed and show resin. The HID seem to still be in explosive growth and the flowers are much larger. they are still in full growth mode.

The only stoned analogy i can come up with to relate my thought is:

the cfl's seem to be aging much faster however they are very small compared to the giant jungle of adolescents that refuse to mature.

does this make any sense?????

When i have some nice developed budz i'll post some pics taken farther away to compare the overall size of these different grows.

i traded my bro for some purp i have not had so i'm diggn my high.

Peace

3 weeks2.jpg

3 weeks3.jpg

3 weeks4.jpg

3 weeks5.jpg

3 weeks6.jpg

3 weeks7.jpg

3 weeks8.jpg

i have a feeling that at the end of this grow i will be able to post some pretty good quality cfl and compare it to the HID. IF i had to guess, i would say HID budz will be 2-3 times the size. We will see.

Quad Cfl:
although flowered at same time.....this plant is much older.

cab.jpg

cab2.jpg

cab3.jpg

cab4.jpg

A Few more days have passed..............

I had to completely remove the top of my box. My squirrel cage was attached to the top of the box. So now my exhaust from the light is gone! I have monitored it all nite and its fine stayin around 74-77. Its starting to cool now outside though so i will "tighten" up the plastic as winter approches to hold int the heat. right now its just stapled to the ceiling and draped down loosely. I figure i bought myself another 1.5 ' of light adjustment and a hopefully another 2 weeks or so of growth. I hope they stop growing vertical and start fill'n out for me soon. Tallest are now 52" from hydroton. They should just make it.

I have thought a lot about why these are so much taller than my last grow and all i can come up with is that i flowerd these MUCH sooner than the last. Stalks seem weeker, plants are more stretched than last grow. Overall these plants are FAR healthier and have more bud sites. Very happy so far!

HID:

few.jpg

few2.jpg

few3.jpg

Wow Allgrownup!

Your plants really overtook your screen and your space!

I am learning the same lesson with mine, but don't use a screen. I am finding tha 2.5 to 3.0 square feet is required for one plant. Any more plants per sq ft, and they all grow together all stringily and get out of control.

I would try one or two plants with your set-up and train the growth to fill the screen up as planned, IMHO.

Lookin good and healthy tho.

PB:)

Last of the outdoors for this season:

I'll be posting some pics of the indoors hopefully tonite. They are looking great. Hella sticky and stinky.

outdoor.jpg

outdoor2.jpg

outdoor3.jpg

outdoor4.jpg

outdoor5.jpg

outdoor6.jpg

outdoor7.jpg

Hey AGU - Outdoor plants look great! They look sticky and stinky alright..... Wish I could grab ahold of one of those colas and get a sniff.

PB:)

:holysheep: Awesome grow bro:D cant wait to see the indoors i love sticky and stinky weed:D your gonna have a nice harvest there peace

Great job on the Grows AGU. Those outdoor ladies look great as well as the indoor. Looks like it's gonna be a nice harvest. Once again great job. ;)

there looking good All. I wish you can post a scratch-N-sniff bud cause those reallllly look funky.

Latest posts

Back