Allgrownup Organic Garden '08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allgrownup

Commencing preparation.

Last year we had corn, eggplant, zuchini, tomatoes(couple varieties), peapods, cannabis :hubba: peppers, and tamatilos, and my lettuce's died in the heatwave.

anyway, we are doing that and more and improving. we are going to be staggering the corn more often and basically applying what we learned from last year.

our soil is crap hence the trenching. i have the grade so it waters great. i can forget about the hose like i usally do and instead of flooding my garden like i did a couple times last year, it will water all my plantsand then break open and flood my lawn. also i will be digging it deeper and then mixing new soil with the loosen'd soil. the top 8-12" will get some new soil i am bringin mixed with some cheap potting soil/steer manure, lime, perlite, etc.

garden.jpg

garden2.jpg

garden3.jpg

where you see the diagonal trenches at the top left, where the hose is filling, that is shere we are going to stagger all the corn plantings, we are hoping they will provide the partial shade for the crops that died due to direct sun/heat. the outer curved ring at bottom will house all the tomatoes. the inner workings will be mix of other varietes and cannabis. The metal grid is for viny peas, beans, peppers, etc to latch to. it works well. i'm hoping to achieve a kick azz garden, a boundary of plants to block direct view(except middle where full sun is plann'd) and smells to conceal, and plenty or work to soothe my soul.

:watchplant: :farm:

AGU...your soil will be better when you add the new soil...I grow VEGGies as well..I also grow GIANT pumkins for compitition..I had a year when I planted a row of corn and a row of lettuce so the corn stalk would shade the lettuce...also put some lettuce on the backside of your tommatos..Good Luck and fresh food/HERB comes your way my friend

Latest posts

Back