Alternating Nodes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia

Organic Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering if what I'm seeing on my plant are alternating nodes. This particular plant is about 4 weeks old. I'm seeing what I would consider alternating nodes. Here's a few pics, I'll let some more experienced people be the judge.

pic 1: closeup of node
pic2: a little further out, same node
pic3: another node on same plant
pic4: top view of plant

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

I don't see the alternating nodes. I just took a quick glance at the thumbnails though, so I could be wrong. It kind of looks like its going to start though as the branches are starting to go off center. You should have alternating nodes very soon.

Yuppers. Alternating nodes all the way. Those nodes are nice and tight with the 24 hours of light you are giving them. Nice!

I understand why you didn't see them, sticky. The plant is so nice and compact, the alternating nodes look almost as though they are directly across from each other. If you look very close, you'll see that the right side branch is indeed slightly higher on the stalk than the left side branch.

Very, very nice looking plant!

Stoney Bud said:
I understand why you didn't see them, sticky. The plant is so nice and compact, the alternating nodes look almost as though they are directly across from each other. If you look very close, you'll see that the right side branch is indeed slightly higher on the stalk than the left side branch.

Very, very nice looking plant!

Yep, when I actually opened up the photos I could see the alternating nodes. You're right, very nice and compact. :)

I didn't see the alternating node either when looking at it until you click it haha! But yeah it's definately alternating nodes!! you have a nice healthy looking plant bro =) good luck to ya!!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Thanks everyone, for the confirmation of alternating nodes and the compliments. This plant is very compact, in part due to the supercropping which is slowing down vertical growth and creating strong undergrowth. Now I know that my plant is sexually mature and could be placed into flowering. I'm going to let it grow for a few more weeks until it's around a foot to 14 inches. I want to end up with 3-4 foot plants. To acheive this, flowering at 14 inches or so would be correct right?

I have no idea where you are located, but if you were to throw those outside and harvest in sept. or oct. you would be getting a huge yield of those... at the same time saving on electric.

Latest posts

Back