Back for 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First bud mandala #1 next are a variety.
20230822_090726.jpg

20230822_094739.jpg

Attachments

• 20230822_090646.jpg
    20230822_090646.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230822_090646.jpg
    20230822_090646.jpg
  • 20230822_090732.jpg
    20230822_090732.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230822_090729.jpg
    20230822_090729.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230822_090741.jpg
    20230822_090741.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230822_090744.jpg
    20230822_090744.jpg
  • 20230822_090747.jpg
    20230822_090747.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
looks like they weathered the storms ok

do you have to worry about ticks and chiggers?

We have what the locals call, turkey ticks, around here.
The larval stage of the Lone Star Tick, is what they actually are, and when you get them, you get them by the thousands.
They flat tear a feller up.
If you have had them, you know what I’m talking about, if you don’t know what I’m talking about, pray you never do.
If I had to brave the turkey ticks, to grow like you do, I am not sure I would decide it was worth it.

looks like they weathered the storms ok

do you have to worry about ticks and chiggers?
Last year I was getting about three a trip at the other yard that has the tall grass looking stuff. Maybe one tick at this place. This year I haven't found one tick. I abandoned the other spot. It did well but that grass made those pollen things like corn makes and it stuck to the buds giving a weird smell and a fuzz like cotton. So ticks aren't bad. Not any chiggers . The nettle stings me and the seeds get all over my clothes. Some places are thick. Sorry that was more info. I'll attach a picture. See the grass pieces. I had to toss a lot of it.
20221006_061722.jpg

Last edited:
We have what the locals call, turkey ticks, around here.
The larval stage of the Lone Star Tick, is what they actually are, and when you get them, you get them by the thousands.
They flat tear a feller up.
If you have had them, you know what I’m talking about, if you don’t know what I’m talking about, pray you never do.
If I had to brave the turkey ticks, to grow like you do, I am not sure I would decide it was worth it.
It's odd in Mississippi we had just big size ticks. Here it's the same way. Just a few big size ticks. I watch the hunting public doing summer videos. They are one state over. 200 miles and they will have so many little ticks you can't count them. They have to use permethrin I think it's called. Why they are so bad I'm not sure. They have lots of ceader trees. Here I just shower soon as I get home. But it hasn't been a problem. This is the first year I bought off in 4 years.

Yea we only got 5 inches of snow last year so we were dry to start the year. Then went may and June with no rain. July we had some good rain. Now most of August was dry and September looks mostly Dry. Its 400 yards if i carry any water. One way up a hill or through thick area.
Plants look good but its just a testament to how well these plants do on a dry year. I think buds will be slightly smaller but more solid I bet. Its still early. If i can get a shower or two things will be fine. Either way it should make decent. I haven t had enough rain to soak the last feeding. I did dig a small hole and berry the fertilizer So some of it should be working. Im thinking soon as this heat lets up ill go carry a couple gallons maybe two trips and water the last feeding in. Just thought ID update.

We have gotten bad dry. Even big bushes and some trees are showing drought stress. Missing the big snows last winter then may and June were dry. July was fine but August we got just over an inch total. They showed rain chances last night but by 11 they had chance at 15%. When I woke at 2:30 the storms just started and it's rained three hours. That was right on time.. morning friends. I'll have some pictures in a few days. Buds should takeoff

We have gotten bad dry. Even big bushes and some trees are showing drought stress. Missing the big snows last winter then may and June were dry. July was fine but August we got just over an inch total. They showed rain chances last night but by 11 they had chance at 15%. When I woke at 2:30 the storms just started and it's rained three hours. That was right on time.. morning friends. I'll have some pictures in a few days. Buds should takeoff

looking forward to the update Amigo , it is simply amazing how much some cannabis,plants can change in the last 2-4 weeks!

all the best

Yea it's crazy how much my mental health is better when we get rain . I love weather storms what ever. I never want anyone hurt but I love the power of mother earth. Some places got over 4 inches. I got 1.2 to 1.3 inches. Plenty to help the fox farm big bloom and the fox farm fruit and flower do it's magic . Cooled off too. I don't even run an AC. Or a TV. I'm two blocks off the lake and except for 5 to 7 days that were kinda hot it hasn't been bad. I can take a shower and with the fans I sleep fine. I judge heat by if I sleep ok I'm not uncomfortable. Maybe in ten years that will change. Thanks guys.

Hey friends I bought some molasses to try. IV e never used it. Who has an idea of what amount or how I would use it? Sorry im posting so early.

I use 1 tablespoon per gallon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses

That's what I bought. I was going today but it's raining enough to get everything wet. I'll wait till next week. Peace.

Latest posts

Back