am i doomed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evz355

evz355
Reaction score
went into my grow area to have a look at my ladies and one of them i notice is a he she and not only that but they have popped i found 2 nanners.Are the rest of my butties going to be full of seed now. i pulled a part of the bud next to the open nanner off the hermie and took it away from my grow area and there inside i found a little green seed. i guess i am asking is it to late for the rest of my ladies and should i just finish the he she as well or get rid of her him and minimize the damage. im dirty to because the buds this hermie is producing are huge and they smell awesome. they are only at 23 days of 12/12 so they still have another 4 weeks at absaloute minimum till they are ready for harvest. the plant did get stressed because i thought it was going to be a male because it was so tall and looked nothing like my other plant (mango by the way not bag seed) so i put it outside and it started to flower and it turned out to be female it was just different phenos any way put her back into veg for another 5 weeks up until 23 days ago when i swicthed to 12/12.

Hello Evz :)

Once pollen has been released every viable female has been subject to it, no getting away with it, no hiding from it.

Your crop is now pollinated.

So you may as well cut your losses and flower everything out including the hermie and throw the resulting seeds away.

Pick the pollen sacks off the hermie as you find them, a lot of hermie nanners hide inside the buds.

The seeds will produce more hermies.

:peace:

frazer.jpg

I agree your room is pollenated...best clean very well after harvest to be safe for the next grow....My question is.......

why did you not spot this Male b4 it started to drop? IMO..you have time to spot him and pull...but if ya aint watching close enough this will happen...finish them out and distroy the seeds...get ya some good genetics clean the room well..and grow again...take this as a learning curve..take care and be safe:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
why did you not spot this Male b4 it started to drop?

I thought the same thing.

My plants get checked every single day, from top to bottom to top again.

Any unusual signs are kept an eye on.

Plants are like a book, you need to learn how to read them.

Who did you get the seeds from? Putting your plant outside and then bringing it back in shouldn't have caused enough stress (IMO) to hermie. Many people put their plants into 12/12 to sex and then back into veg--not much different than what you did.

the balls were hiding in the bud i did not see them till it was to late i have been keeping an eye on them. i just missed them i am really dirty with myself if i had seen the balls earlier i would have destroyed the plant. i got the seeds from marijuana seeds NL. this is my second grow and the first seeds i got were off my friend and they were seeds from a hermi but i did not know anything about growing and hermies and anything really because i had not found this great site yet i did see all the balls on that plant and was able to pick them all off and got no seeds in my harvest. i used them as a practice run and i got good seeds this time hoping this would not happen but i guess the strain i picked does not like any stress because that is the only thing that i did that could have stressed them.

Evz

You had bad luck this time.

Thats all.

Dont give up :)

thanks hippy it is only my second grow and i still got a bit of time till i work out all the bugs and be able to produce a perfect harvest , but i will keep trying i will get there eventually. i am still in testing phase with getting the right soil and the right conditions. i did learn to clone successfully this grow though so thats good. keep it green everyone and thanks for the replies.

I can read that you have it in you.

I'ts addictive, be warned.

Learning is never ending.

Nor is looking at your plants for an hour and not realising time is passing.

Can you feel it growing inside?

Get some DUTCH MASTER REVERSE and also PENATRATOR just as soon as you can and spray all of them. Then repeat according to the instructions. It WILL kill both the pollen and any seeds that are started. It will NOT get rid of the seeds, but they will NOT grow any larger than they are when you spray them. This is the same thing they use commercially to make seedless watermelons.

I know this stuff works because we had several hermies recently and missed the first pollination every time. We sprayed the REVERSE/PENETRATOR solution ASAP and every time it killed the seeds right at the size they were when we sprayed them.

It isn't cheap, but it will last a long time. Both 1l bottles came to $5..US in Spokane, WA and there is enough to spray 10 good sized plants several times. When you run out, all you have to buy is the REVERSE because you mix at the rate of 100 parts REVERSE to 1 part PENETRATOR. (10 ml Penetrator to each liter of REVERSE). Do not mix more than you need because it has a short shelf life after the two are mixed together and it is too expensive to throw away because you mixed too much. It is a lot better to mix more to finish than to have to throw the excess away. You d NOT have to worry about drenching the whole plant like with insecticides, just wet the tops of the leaves down the best you can.

Try it and let us know. It sure as heck beats having a bunch of mature hermie seeds in your buds.

If you can't find a local source, then let us know and someone will try to find you an on-line source.

Good luck.

i have seen the dutch master reverse i actually started a thread asking if anyone has used it to see what kind of results they had sounds like you have had some good results i might have to get some but i think it would be to late for this grow by the time i am able to get it. thanks for that don

Latest posts

Back