Amsterdam or Jamaica

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuconman

Reaction score
I wanna plan a trip to go somewhere where i could just smoke never ending amounts of bud...from experience, i know that u can get an ounce in jamaica for about 50 bucks...in amsterdam the weed is more expensive. i dont have an unlimited amount for the budget of this trip.. so i was wondering where i should go to spend less money to get more blasted...? and say:holysheep: every time i take a pull

Have never visited either, but Id say Jamaica. Beach, sun, ocean. Live for a couple months on a sail boat with a pound of good jamaican sativa. Although its not legal there, Amsterdam may be safer. -z

I spent a lot of time in Amsterdam about 15 years ago but have only been to Jamaica once. I will NEVER go back to Jamaica. I was there for two weeks and the first week was great. We stayed in an old plantation up on Apple Mountain and it was very peacefull and the green was very cheap. The second week though we went to Negrill and it was just awful. I could not walk 10 steps down the beach without some local trying to either sell me hard drugs or feel up my girlfriend right in front of me. It was the worst vacation I have ever taken.

Not to mention that, while it may be cheaper in Jamaica it is in no way leagl and you can get in to lots of trouble for it.
As opposed to Amsterdam, where there is almost no risk as long as you follow the rules. Plus in Amsterdam you are just a train ride away from anywhere else you could want to go in Europe and in Jamaica you are stuck on an island.

Amsterdam, got family there, and the dutch are one of the most friendly type of people i Know :)

Amsterdam for so many more reasons but the best is, it's at least safe. If you haven't been to a hash bar then GO NOW!:holysheep: :)

Go to Holland, so much to see, and pretty much every little Dutch town has coffeeshops. Amsterdamn is expensive but again so much to do!

Cheers
BrotherO

I've been to both and I vote Amsterdam hands down. Primary reason: dope is LEGAL in Amsterdam. Both times I went to Jamaica (15 years ago, and again 2 years ago) I witnessed people getting busted for possession. Dope is readily available in Jamaica, but the locals (including the cops) are always looking to make a few bucks off the tourists. It just isn't worth it as far as I'm concerned.

But in Amsterdam you can walk into a Coffee Shop and they pull out this box that has all these dividers making little sections in it. Each little section has a different type of weed and the 'waiter' tells you all the differences (it's like the dessert tray they bring out in American restaurants). Anyway, it is so cool because there is no paranoia or stigma to smoking dope there. We stayed in a hotel on our second trip and we'd leave our bong out on the bathroom sink. Everyday, the cleaning crew would clean out our bong til it was sparkling clean, and sweep up any dope we spilled and put it in a little dish. And if you want to add some culture to your trip, there's always the 'Museum of Hemp and Marijuana'. Very educational ;)

(I haven't read everyone's posts, only some)

I do know that it isn't legal in jamaica and you can still get in trouble for it. kinda like america, everyone still does it anyways, it's just more common down there.

I'd say jamaica is a better travel destination for sights at least. There is tons to do, but in am, its totally legal and there's real good bud there. still a lot to do in am.

since I am big on sights and such, I'm gonna have to say jamaica just because the whole island set up is just amazing and is something I really like.

amsterdam, YOU CAN BUY MUSHROOMS AT THE SHOPS :eek:

Do you need a better reason than that!?
:hubba: :hubba:

:D

Amsterdam....
Jamaica still has guerrilla warfare and if you go much out of the tourist spots at night, you're just asking for it.

0b1kinsmokey said:
amsterdam, YOU CAN BUY MUSHROOMS AT THE SHOPS :eek:

Do you need a better reason than that!?
:hubba: :hubba:

:D

If you want to try mushrooms in Amsterdam, you'd better go soon. I hear from my Amsterdam website that the gov't is looking to shut down the sale of them soon, although no date was set.

I've never been to Jamiaca, but I've been to Amsterdam several time, and while things are changing, there are still many good coffeshops with high quality weed for sale.

I am going back to Jamaica for the 2nd time and had no problems. I went to Nine Mile ( Where Bob is buried) and it is Rastafarian territory and legal to smoke in the open. Cheap outdoor for like 1/4 pound for 60-80$ USD . They called it all kinds of stuff but it was mature and full of trichs. Very few seeds and at that price smoking cheech and chong sizes dubes of primo is a rare experience.

I'd say the dam. Never been there myself but from what I hear the weed is way better quality (They sell shwag by the pound in Jamaica from what I heard) It's not really that the weed is cheaper in Jamaica, but the exchange rate is crazy (1 US dollar is equal to around $60 Jamaican dollars.) Plus I wouldn't feel safe in jamaica because I also heard they love to rob, and extort tourists there.

shrooms are now illegal in amsterdam.but amsterdam all the way,even though this is an old post still must reply since it showed its face =P

Neo drives a geo said:
I'd say the dam. Never been there myself but from what I hear the weed is way better quality (They sell shwag by the pound in Jamaica from what I heard) It's not really that the weed is cheaper in Jamaica, but the exchange rate is crazy (1 US dollar is equal to around $60 Jamaican dollars.) Plus I wouldn't feel safe in jamaica because I also heard they love to rob, and extort tourists there.

If they robbed tourists , tourists would stop going which is not the case. This is the problem people that have never been there talk down about it. I was everywhere from the huge resorts to the remote mountians and bought directly from the farmer and it was not shwag!! The quality is top notch ask those who have had it or do some research. No offense I just think this whole country gets a bad rap because of the ghetto of Kingston. It is like saying the whole western part of the USA is bad because of Compton:rolleyes:. Oh and the GOODs are about 150 a pound. I think I paid a little more but I was grateful for the tour.

While it is illlegal it is very much tolerated by most. Either way just wanted to clear some of this up. Oh and the exchange is 80 right now to 1 USD.

Been to both several times.

Amsterdam is a great vacation spot for its own reasons. History, Koffee Shops, Countryside, beautiful urban structure, beautiful people. Culture, Sexually liberated society, and generally a laid back fun loving attitude.

Jamaica is very cash oriented. When you hang out on the beach, you will be approached by locals peddling either crafts or activities. Some crafts were very nice. The best smoke I found is stuff I'd shake my head at here at home. Was not impressed with the smoke in Jamaica. I would go back to Jamaica over Cuba or Dominican.

In fact, Amsterdam is my family's next trip. Hoping I can make it happen for '09 Cannabis Cup.

definatly amsterdam...without a dought!...you wont wanna come home.

Dude if your goin on vacation to smoke you need to come to california.WE have the BEST BUD hands down.Our potency is unheard of,Amsterdam is so OVER RATED.The bud is the best,right here in good old CALIFORNIA.HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back