another joining the ranks from Oregon... Planning a grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funstarfish

Reaction score
Hello from oregon, apparently not a bad place for growers to be.

My fiance and I are in the planning stages of our first grow. My goal with this and future grows is to keep us in good smoke that we grow. Eventually it would be nice to do something medicinally, but for now growing our own to smoke sounds lush.

As far as the grow, I am not terribly worried about space or stealth. I would in theory like to have maybe 4 diff plants flowering at once with a veg area as well so the vegged plants are always ready to be added to flower room.

I would like to grow all organic in soil. I have Fox Farms easily available locally for medium. What about additives? id like to keep things fairly simple first few times around. maybe a general fert, some bloom fert, what else?

I am still unsure as to how rooms will be set up... any advice? Im moderately crafty, but have been looking into hydro huts for their ease of setup/takedown, clean look, etc. what other options are out there assuming i have anywhere in the basement to work with?

Lighting will be a 250watt halide for veg (have it from fish tanks) and either a 400 or 600w hps for flower. I have an RO unit for water. I have PH meters and a TDS meter. Id prefer not to run CO2 just yet, but may invest in a setup eventually.

Money of course is always a factor and keeping the grow sub $1000 initially would be ideal.

Any advice out there, expecially for grow boxes/areas? great DIY plans for a 4 plant setup? 400 or 600 HPS for 4 plants? (thinking 600 for potential upgrade later).
Also, how does one go about finding things locally? I know there are people growing here.

much love

MZ

god damm that a longes first post i'v seen
Hi man sounds ok good luck with you lerning round

Welcome to MP. Most everything ya need to know can be found on this site. You best bet would be check out all your local garden shops and hydro stores which you can look up in the phone book or on the computer. If you don't have any local stores then you can shop on ebay as most of us do. They have a ton of **** at some very great prices. ;)

Latest posts

Back