Another Newbie To Grow'n

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to growing but have been enjoying green chile, as we call it here in NM for many years. I have been interested in growing my own for the last few years. I have known several old-time growers from the 700's and 80's and have recently attempted to start myself. I am plannning on growing in a closet 2' D x 4' W x 4' H. Using (4) 12" flr. lights for seedlings and sprouting, (8) 48" Flr. lights for veg/flowering.

I have been reading everything about growing and the plant I can find, so anyone and everyones advice is greatly appreciated.

The one thing I can not find out is the total amount of dried produce to expect frome each plant in this size area. I only need 2-3 oz. of dried product per month.

How many plants would produce this amount?

Thanks and keep blazin, CDXX!

Welcome to the Forum ! You'll gain lots here just by reading and tracking others ":gro journals" As far as you ? goes to many parameters to give you an honest answer. IMO I would thinkl bout using atleast a 70 hps light and some cfls for side lighting due to th space.
And isnt "El Conquistador ?.... lol

Conquistador said:
I have known several old-time growers from the 700's and 80's!

You sound very old

1300 years and your still only just getting around to it!

There is much help here, just shout, someone wiill arrive.

Remember this is global, so a reply may only come when awake eyes read it :aok:

:peace:

Thanks,
I have been looking around and have already gotten great tips. It has been very difficult to get advice from people who grow and the few I knew are no longer in NM.

Meds, You don't have to use the "EL" i am not that proper. LOL!

The (8) 48" lights are set up on a bracket so that all four ballasts are connected and lift by a simple pulley. The 12" are over a shelf above the area for the seedlings. I was planning on using LST for a SOG setup during the flowering stage.

Currently have (14) 3-4" sprouts in soil, they look very good so far. 2 round leaves and 2 sharp, only 5 days old!

But how many will I need to match my intake?

:welcome: new here myself. Check out the forums and go to the one you need to answer your questions .That might help in getting the answers.
Me i'm lucky to live in the N.W. and many of us are legal .----click on the spot attachment

pot 60.gif

button 18.gif

Que pasa mayan! Wow since the 700's, i thought Hick was old :p He'll anounce himself if you mess up or do good. Alot of good farmers here! Kick off your shoes and lite up, it's gonna be one hell of a ride!

Welcome to MP my friend. I too am fairly new to MP as I have only been on your planet for a short time. Check out the grow forums for answers to all your growing queries.

the chef said:
...i thought Hick was old :p ...
No, you were right. Hick is old. (like me!)

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

Conquistador said:
Hello everyone,
I am new to growing but have been enjoying green chile, as we call it here in NM for many years. I have been interested in growing my own for the last few years. I have known several old-time growers from the 700's and 80's and have recently attempted to start myself. I am plannning on growing in a closet 2' D x 4' W x 4' H. Using (4) 12" flr. lights for seedlings and sprouting, (8) 48" Flr. lights for veg/flowering.

I have been reading everything about growing and the plant I can find, so anyone and everyones advice is greatly appreciated.

The one thing I can not find out is the total amount of dried produce to expect frome each plant in this size area. I only need 2-3 oz. of dried product per month.

How many plants would produce this amount?

Thanks and keep blazin, CDXX!

Plant count is really immaterial. Plants can be vegged for a long time and be monsters that produce a 1/4 lb or more. Or they can be little tiny plants that produce several grams each. Basically, your light and growing conditions are going to produce x number of grams regardless of the number of plants. That being said, I don't think that there is any way that you are going to be able to pull the amount you want with the space and lighting you are working with. With the lifecycle of nonauto mj taking about a 4 month minimum, you would have to produce 8-12 oz each harvest. Even with HIDs, I'm not sure you will pull that in 8 sq ft.

What are the lumens and spectrum of the lights you are planning on using? We need to convert this to lumens per sq ft. You really need 3000 lumens per sq ft to veg and 5000 lumens per sq ft to flower. You have 8 sq ft. So plan on 24000 lumens for vegging and 40000 for flowering.

So...how many lumens do you have? Do you have reflective material on the walls? What is your ventilation setup?

Latest posts

Back