Another Promix-Advanced nutrient question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A root bound plant could be part of the problem.

What size containers?

those plants that are near to harvest , will you be cutting back the feedings or just gomwith plain water until harvest?
They are in 3 gallon. Normally use 5. I too suspected something root wise, and no perlite at bottom doesn't help.

The two that are ahead will probably get ph water and a little AN final finish at most. The balance will get flower nutes for another week or two.

Thanks for the response!

Bubba

Have you ever had this problem before or just since you started the ProMix?
I've seen the likes with soil, but usually starts sooner. These things were like the jolly green giant until this late problem. Doesn't appear to be affecting buds, just a touch unsightly, and doesn't appear to be normal "fade" either.....

Bubba

@pute You use Promix correct? You also do additional cal/mag yes?
You feed yours cal/mag every feeding?
I was reading and saw this and said no way.
"Pro-Mix is one of the few growing mediums that do not require cal/mag to be added even if using RO water. It contains dolomite lime that breaks down to calcium and magnesium, one less thing for commercial greenhouse growers to add to thier RO water."

@pute You use Promix correct? You also do additional cal/mag yes?
You feed yours cal/mag every feeding?
I was reading and saw this and said no way.
"Pro-Mix is one of the few growing mediums that do not require cal/mag to be added even if using RO water. It contains dolomite lime that breaks down to calcium and magnesium, one less thing for commercial greenhouse growers to add to thier RO water."
What....ProMix and Sunshine have virtually nothing in it. I have always used cal/mag! Show me the article. I am dialed in and stuck in my ways.

What....ProMix and Sunshine have virtually nothing in it. I have always used cal/mag! Show me the article. I am dialed in and stuck in my ways.
The article was purged , but I agree with your way of growing in it.
I have never use it yet myself that is why I referred back to you, I saw where some were saying because dolomite lime was added no cal/mag needed and shook my head.
I always go with what a proven grower has to offer and trust there way over anything posting by a rando on the internet.

They are in 3 gallon. Normally use 5. I too suspected something root wise, and no perlite at bottom doesn't help.

The two that are ahead will probably get ph water and a little AN final finish at most. The balance will get flower nutes for another week or two.

Thanks for the response!

Bubba

your buds should be a-ok , maybe not as a big of yield as possible , but i bet you will get high lol

enjoy the harvest

https://www.pthorticulture.com/en/products/pro-mix-hp-mycorrhizae/#tab:product-guidance

Does PRO-MIX HP have nutrients?​

Yes, PRO-MIX contains a starter fertilizer to help plants acclimate to a new rooting environment. We strongly recommended to initiate a fertilizer program within 7-10 days after planting. The fertilizer program you select should take into consideration water quality, crop type and the stage of plant growth.

What's the difference between PRO-MIX BX and HP?​

PRO-MIX BX is a general purpose growing medium, compared to PRO-MIX HP which is a High Porosity growing medium. These products are the same in pH and chemical properties. The difference is that PRO-MIX HP contains a higher percent of perlite than PRO-MIX BX. Perlite is a porous aggregate that does not absorb water.

When incorporated into growing media, perlite provides air porosity and reduces water retention. Since PRO-MIX HP contains a higher percentage of perlite than PRO-MIX BX, HP holds less water and is better suited for crops that are sensitive to over watering, to low light growing conditions or for use in winter months when daylight is shorter.

Does promix have fertilizer soil in it?​

ProMix is a soilless growing medium that does not contain fertilizer or nutrients by default. However, some varieties of ProMix may be formulated with added fertilizers or nutrient blends to provide a more complete growing solution for certain types of plants.
For example, ProMix HPCC (High Porosity Canadian Chunk Coir) contains a proprietary blend of fertilizers, including controlled-release fertilizer, to support plant growth and health. Similarly, ProMix Ultimate Organic Mix is formulated with organic fertilizers, such as bone meal and kelp meal, to provide a source of nutrients for organic gardening.
It is important to read the label or product description carefully when selecting a ProMix product, to determine whether it contains added fertilizers or nutrients, and to ensure that the nutrient balance is appropriate for the specific type of plants being grown. Additionally, even if a ProMix product does contain added nutrients, it may still be necessary to supplement with additional fertilizers or amendments, depending on the plants’ needs and the growing conditions.

They might not be talking about cannabis. Promix is huge in commercial agriculture. Cannabis is probably 1percent of Thier business

Latest posts

Back