Anybody like vaporizers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sap_boy

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody can tell me their opinion on vaporizers. I LOVE to get high, so much so that I smoke almost every night before I go to bed. But I'm not really comfortable about inhaling smoke for the rest of my life.

Do vaporizers work? Are they efficient? Is the high the same? Do you have to use a lot more weed to get the same effect?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sap_boy said:
I was just wondering if anybody can tell me their opinion on vaporizers. I LOVE to get high, so much so that I smoke almost every night before I go to bed. But I'm not really comfortable about inhaling smoke for the rest of my life.

Do vaporizers work? Are they efficient? Is the high the same? Do you have to use a lot more weed to get the same effect?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Vaporizers are awesome! However, not all vapos are created equal!!! Some people here are gonna tell you how great the "fishbowl & soldering iron"-type are. They work, I own one that I never, ever use. Ya want it? When I get back to Cali in a couple of weeks I'll send it to you for free.

Now, the Volcano, on the other hand, is simply awesome and worth every penny.

Those are the only 2 that I have personal experience using.

i also, am very interested in a vaporizer - specifically the top-of-the-line volcano. who nos what about this.

volcano. a little to pricey to be worth it. Around $400-500 is outrageous for a vapo, just for me atleast, I dont like vapes, this is why. My friend lives in a frat, and has 2 volcanos in his room. Ive hit em at the clubs... Vapes dont get me as high as bong loads. I dont know why.. pretty sure its my tolerance, which is very high. I need to pack way more weed, to get less high. The highs are different too

from what my research has turned up so far, is that a volcano will cost me about a grand (taxes/accessories/travelling expenses/etc.) price isn't the problem, where to buy/try (toronto, canada region) would b of more interest. a vap. would finally allow me to "smoke" in my own home - would it not? lite it, (much less in weight used than rollin a joint) vap. it - stick my head out the back door + take a pull on the bag - blow smoke outdoors - done -yes or no?

I have tried the volcano in shops in the Dam, and have a fish-bowl over a soldering iron here on my desk...I still like the graffix bong I've been using for 20 years...If it werent for the price, I'd have a volcano too...

I don't like the idea of inhaling out of a balloon.. seems a little ridiculous.

If I had the $$, I'd go for a vapezilla. Those things have class. :cool:

KB, I too think the balloon/jar is a bit odd...I prefer the direct or water cooled bong hit...
several I have seen have a direct hit, not a collector bag or jar...
seems to me a draw inducted flow would be the best, eh?? one where you draw the hot air across the weed to extract only the wanted get-high??? not contact the weed with a heating element at all, just hot air...

just hot air
I think that's the idea behind the phedor. You use it with your bong, like a lighter. Except no flame, just hot air (supposedly the right temperature). Too bad that device is ugly. :p

The balloon idea is strange, because I assume the walls would get crusted with all the stuff I want in my lungs. :confused2:

I think you should most deffinatley invest in one. I personally am looking to buy one. :woohoo:

King Bud said:
The balloon idea is strange, because I assume the walls would get crusted with all the stuff I want in my lungs. :confused2:

thc wippits??? with a balloon rules. just give yourself shotguns with it 2 or 3 times and your going into a different zip code...plus its hillarious to watch new and lightweight smokers do it.

I took my Volcano to my last family reunion and had a couple of cousins into the trailer to check it out...one hadn't smoked since the reunion a year ago, he stumbled out of the trailer...he said he'd never been that stoned.

The Volcano is a wonderful piece of gear...I use about half as much as I normally would, and the left overs get added to muffins and anything that has nuts in it...the duff (left over vaped material) still has lots of cannabinoids left in it, so it is very useful medically. I do a couple of bags every night. The entire unit is made of medical grade products, and the bags are food grade, so you're not inhaling anything but pure THC...and the vapor tastes very much like hash...the vapor lasts (in the bag) for up to half an hour, so it is possible to allow the bag to cool, before ingesting it...

All in all, the Volcano is the nicest thing thats happened to me...period...it'll probably add 3-5 years to my life, from not ingesting all of that plant matter...

Peace...j.b.

Thanks guys, all great advice.

However, I still didn't really get my question answered. I'm curious as to how much dope I actually have to use relative to a standard joint to achieve the same high. I smoke joints only. No bongs, pipes, or anything else. I'm thinking of a vaporizer for health purposes only. However, I don't want to buy one if I have to pack 4 times as much pot into it to get the same high as smoking one joint. Also, I'm wondering if the hight is the same, if it lasts longer or shorter, and if it's more or less intense.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

I use approximately 1 and a half grams to fill my Volcano, and depending on the weed, get 4 to 5 "bags"...each bag will stone 2 easily...I usually only fill the chamber once a day, so I'd say I'm using about half the amount of weed I used to...hope this answers your question...

p.s. I've talked to other vaporizer users and they seem to get similar results...

Peace...j.b.

the volcano is the best,there are plenty of others that claim to be a true vaporizer i am a card holder and have started to grow my own through a lot of lesser quality vapoizers before taking the leap to a volcano yes it can be a huge burden on the pocket but you can reburn the same smoke a few times also a temp setting is also very important

Have you had experience with the Vapor Brothers model I referenced above?

it could be me a bag systim is the way to go i fill a two foot bag with train wreck and i forget what im doing by the time im done plus your not glued to a stem the taste of the one you show is a good one the first time but skunk way to soon

tiller08 said:
it could be me a bag systim is the way to go i fill a two foot bag with train wreck and i forget what im doing by the time im done plus your not glued to a stem the taste of the one you show is a good one the first time but skunk way to soon

Just read the above sentence a few times and you will begin to truly appreciate just how good the Volcano actually is...;)

sap_boy said:
Well, I don't think I'm going to spend $600 on a Volcano, but I have found this one, which seems to get good reviews:

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/store/shop.php?p=vbhandsfree.html

And a YouTube video touting its benefits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ZrSQ0A-KQ

Any opinions on this model? It's only $150.00

Just read the comments from the people who have used the Volcano (myself included); it's the best, no other can compare. But cheaper ones will work if you simply don't want to spend the $$$$.

Here's my suggestion- If $150 is where your comfort level is, then buy the one in the link- at least it's not one that is made from a soldering iron.

Latest posts

Back