Anyone else make Homemade Wine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I have only done this twice so far. Around 10 months ago I made Peach Wine from the peaches off my peach tree. About 2 months ago I made Pineapple Wine from some fresh pineapple from the store. Got a lot to learn as both came out pretty strong and on the dry side. I tend to like my wines more fruity towards the Sangria side.

Pineapple on the left and Peach on the right.
36791135_10156014999382572_6953690865567006720_o.jpg

What up HL
I have 3gal of blueberry in 2nd fermentation now.
I fumbled my way thru another batch a couple months ago. It was good. This batch by the book.
I use a 5gal bucket with an air lock then rack 2-3 times before bottling.

So Hammy wanna make some wine !-- I knows some high people in low places might know a little !
20180707_164821.jpg

U can see the air locks Gloman was talking about on my jugs and buckets !-- That is to let CO2 escape into the grow room without letting outside air in !-- That 5 gallon bucket on the left got fruit cocktail wine in it !-- Libby's Fruit Cocktail in heavy syrup !-- 2 middle gallon are Cherry wine made from Comstock Cherry Pie filling-- 4 other gallons are Blueberry -- Made from frozen blueberries !-5 gallon fermenter on right is empty !-- I know about that dryness and how and when to fix it !
We'll hook U up !-- I'm tell on The Gloman !--He don't have to buy alcohol for RSO !--

I don't distill !-- I do something else !-- I put one those 5 gallon buckets of wine in the freezer over night -- Water freezes at a lower temp than alcohol !-- I reduce the water in a 5 gallon bucket of wine by half !-- Kinda hard to call it wine anymore !-- More like sipping liqour !

Keef
I'm gonna try concentrating some of this blueberry wine like you do.
Blueberry sippin liquor sounds pretty good! :)

Hamster Lewis,

Hey Man...
I made home-brew {ale} for 16 years and stopped only after gas went up to almost $4.00 a gallon.
A 50 lb sack of pale DME went up $35. overnight! and my ale went from .67 cents to .93 cents overnight too!
Cost!... {a man can buy a beer for a dollar}
Mien acht pfund hammerbier, at 8% alcohol was grapefruit flavored because of the Chinnook hops.
I was thinking about cooking up a bunch of ale this next winter.
I'm disabled and can't walk around much,
{Used to run the trapline all day and coon hunt with my hounds all night.}

Gotta do something, I'll brew up a hundred gallons of ale this winter!
Where are you at Ham... lets git inert and Go 'Coon Hunting' this winter.

Thank you...

Poet...

Last edited:
I made blackberry wine from some blackberry jam...turned out pretty good except that last bottle I forgot about...It sat in the motorhome for a year and cycled quite a bit temp-wise and turned to vinegar...Gonna do another batch one day soon...

I brew beer and do a little shine. The wine is not home made.
Tanks are 330,000 gallon stainless steel insulated and refrigerated. Some of the tanks are 660,000 gallon tanks.
20180807_104020.jpg

A guy I know has been picking grapes for a wine maker and brought me a 5gal. bucket of grape juice fresh pressed.
This juice reads 1.090 on the hydrometer without adding any sugar. I think Ill bring it up to 1.130 and call it good. That shouldn't take much sugar.
The wild yeast had already started working on it so I heated the must to 180*F for 15 min.

I'm done for awhile !-- Left to right 2 gallons cherry -- 2 gallons Fruit Cocktail -- 3 gallon Blueberry-- 2 gallons Peach -- This is after I condensed it by freezing and took 5 gallons of wine down to 2 gallons by freezing off water as ice !-- Cherry was made from Comstock Cherry Pie filling -- Blueberry from frozen blueberries-- Peach from Libby's Peaches in heavy syrup !-- U can guess what the F
20180918_202851.jpg
ruit Cocktail is made from ?

Latest posts

Back