Anyone Here Use Grow Bags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never used them cause I dont think there is any drainage. I know Bomb Bud Puffer has had some nice looking plants in the grow bags. I woould use atleast three gallons and my preference on soil is Pro-mix

maineharvest said:
Ive never used them cause I dont think there is any drainage. I know Bomb Bud Puffer has had some nice looking plants in the grow bags. I woould use atleast three gallons and my preference on soil is Pro-mix
they have plenty of drainage hole's;) im currently using 3 gal. bags. and im loving them very cheap to buy compared to pots and they seem to be working very well. there stable and dont move or tip easily like i thought they would.
im using my own mix i dont have any ratios' as i eye ball it. i use soiless mix with high N bat and sea bird guanos for veg. high P-K bat guanos now since im in flower with some worm castins and lime. i also feed extra nutes only in bloom the veg mix has enough nutes in the soil for the plants to grow vigourosly. for bloom i use Bio Bizz Bio Bloom, Alg-a-mic, Pure blend pro Bloom, and molasses.
but to make it easier just use soiless mix and feed with bottled nutes

Pothead420 said:
they have plenty of drainage hole's;) im currently using 3 gal. bags. and im loving them very cheap to buy compared to pots and they seem to be working very well. there stable and dont move or tip easily like i thought they would.
im using my own mix i dont have any ratios' as i eye ball it. i use soiless mix with high N bat and sea bird guanos for veg. high P-K bat guanos now since im in flower with some worm castins and lime. i also feed extra nutes only in bloom the veg mix has enough nutes in the soil for the plants to grow vigourosly. for bloom i use Bio Bizz Bio Bloom, Alg-a-mic, Pure blend pro Bloom, and molasses.
but to make it easier just use soiless mix and feed with bottled nutes

Now im confused. How does water drain out? Isnt it just a bag? Wouldnt the water just drain out right onto the floor or is there some kind of plate or something you have to put under each bag? I almost grabbed some the last time I was at the hydo store but I was worried about drainage.

I used em for a grow er two. they had holes in em (like paper hole pnucher size). I thought they were placed too high up so punched more at the very bottom.
I didn't like em as when i had to move em or something they liked to tear easy. For space savers they were good tho.

I'm going to use them this year...Pots are way easier to see, even if painted camo, plus it'll take some height away from the plant...

I am planning on using some bags for my lowryders this season since i don't wanna have to buy 20-30 pots, lol.

does anybody know what the dimensions on the 3gal bags are?? (height is the most important number i need..gonna grow sum lowryders and the roots like to dive deep!) thanks in advance

grow em in the ground the roots will spread out alot farther then if their couped up in a bag (Depending on you soil type of corse)

they dont really perform well in the ground! and my set-up does not constitute growing outside..thanks anyway......

Kindbud said:
grow em in the ground the roots will spread out alot farther then if their couped up in a bag (Depending on you soil type of corse)

marijuana dont grow good in the ground huh??? i grew mine in the ground the past 5 years grew great!! The roots love to have no boundaries and free to grow wear ever they feel like so yeah your wrong

Listen, of course mj grows good in the ground!! But not all strains do well outside.. I also said outside growing is not a part of my set-up! (I dont grow outside!) that's why they have strains called; indoor, outdoor..by the way, was it lowryders/auto's u grew outside?? if so, how many grams did u get per plant dry? if not, then dont comment..all I asked was about the demensions of the 3gal bags...thanks.

I've used grow bags on several occasions and like everything else...there are good things and bad things about them.
Good things-
Cheap
Easy to store
They're square
Keep the root zone pretty warm

Bad things-
The soil compacts within the bag so every now and then you'll have to add soil to the bags.
The bigger you go, the harder to move them because of tearing

Tips-
Make sure the bottom is totally flat when you fill the bags.
Move them as lil as possible.
Get the all black vs the black/white. The all black are much more sturdy and the drain holes are triple the size of the Black/white bags.

Overall, these are well worth the few cent they cost.

hey bra, appreicate that useful info right there!! definetly helped me out..because I was gonna get the black/white ones too...:hubba:

bombbudpuffa said:
I've used grow bags on several occasions and like everything else...there are good things and bad things about them.
Good things-
Cheap
Easy to store
They're square
Keep the root zone pretty warm

Bad things-
The soil compacts within the bag so every now and then you'll have to add soil to the bags.
The bigger you go, the harder to move them because of tearing

Tips-
Make sure the bottom is totally flat when you fill the bags.
Move them as lil as possible.
Get the all black vs the black/white. The all black are much more sturdy and the drain holes are triple the size of the Black/white bags.

Overall, these are well worth the few cent they cost.

Latest posts

Back