Arjans Haze#2 Strawberrycough A New Hydro Set Up Need All The Help I Can Get!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw, sara...

the stuff I'm smoking now is suppose to be called "strawberry"... it's pretty nice...:cool:

ok i went ahead and transplanted into to 10 litre pots..i have seven strawberry cough 1 arjans haze#2 and two orange bud all transplanted..i will let em get used to their new home's and start flowerin on the 1st of april..

SDC10983.JPG

SDC10985.JPG

SDC10990.JPG

SDC10986.JPG

SDC10991.JPG

SDC10992.JPG

SDC10993.JPG

hello all
i got a couple of questions maybe some of u can help me out.
the plants in the hydro are a month old they had a rough start ..but they have grown alot over the last week but seem to be strechin also so i tied them back a little..is that ok to lst them lightly?
my next question is about the light greenyellow on the leafs..dont lnow what sign it cud be..i just changed the water in the rez and the ph is 5.8 and nute level is 200..the readings are according to my testers..and my final Q is ..whats the best way to flush..do i just flush it with ph adjusted water and with no nutes...or is ther some other method..let us know..spread the knowlge
thanks
p.s the last 3 are the soil grow 6 weeks veg strawberrycough..

SDC10996.JPG

SDC10997.JPG

SDC10998.JPG

SDC11001.JPG

SDC11002.JPG

SDC11005.JPG

SDC11007.JPG

SDC11008.JPG

sillysara said:
hello all
i got a couple of questions maybe some of u can help me out.
the plants in the hydro are a month old they had a rough start ..but they have grown alot over the last week but seem to be strechin also so i tied them back a little..is that ok to lst them lightly?
my next question is about the light greenyellow on the leafs..dont lnow what sign it cud be..i just changed the water in the rez and the ph is 5.8 and nute level is 200..the readings are according to my testers..and my final Q is ..whats the best way to flush..do i just flush it with ph adjusted water and with no nutes...or is ther some other method..let us know..spread the knowlge
thanks
p.s the last 3 are the soil grow 6 weeks veg strawberrycough..
anyone?wat signs are the plants givin out.. so maybe i cud correct it..i hope

I'd say they are hungry for more nutes, sara.... 200ppm at week 4 seems pretty low.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the feeding schedule is like this...

say you filled the res with 200ppm... you would check the res after, say it's at 140ppm - you would give 200 + ((200-140=60)x2) = 320ppm the next time. I think that's how it works... someone shout out if I'm wrong, please....

thanks guys..iwould flush if ther was a problem...:eek: ...........

did u guys ever have a problem like this bfore where u measure the water bfore u add any nutes and it reads 200..ive heard they call it ''hard water''...so i added another 300 of nutes and my reading now is 500 with the hard water included..u ever have a situation like this? i hope im makin since..it would not be the first time..any let us know if u have any in put..
P.S as for the plants them selfs they are growing fast about 2'' inchs a nite..

sillysara said:
thanks guys..iwould flush if ther was a problem...:eek: ...........

did u guys ever have a problem like this bfore where u measure the water bfore u add any nutes and it reads 200..ive heard they call it ''hard water''...so i added another 300 of nutes and my reading now is 500 with the hard water included..u ever have a situation like this? i hope im makin since..it would not be the first time..any let us know if u have any in put..
P.S as for the plants them selfs they are growing fast about 2'' inchs a nite..
i just thought of another question dat i would like to add..
when i be feeding my soil plants (6week) every four days i add 15 litre's of ph adjusted water 6.2 after i add nutes the reading is 600 they are still in veg..is 600 good or do i have to higher it or lower it..
im a real novice but the information makes it happen so thanks again:heart: :heart:

sillysara said:
i would flush if there was a problem...
The reason I asked was that I see you're using what looks to be an Ebb and Flow system.

Flushing in an Ebb and Flow system is only necessary if you want to rinse the media. That's easily done by filling your reservoir with nothing but water and running your pump for about two hours. Then you dump your reservoir and everything is ok again.

In 25+ years of using Hydroponics, I've only flushed my system once per/crop to rinse it before the next crop.

For your hard water problems, you could buy one of the nutrients that are made for hard water. That would negate the problem.

Good luck to you!

sillysara said:
i just thought of another question dat i would like to add..
when i be feeding my soil plants (6week) every four days i add 15 litre's of ph adjusted water 6.2 after i add nutes the reading is 600 they are still in veg..is 600 good or do i have to higher it or lower it..
im a real novice but the information makes it happen so thanks again:heart: :heart:

you slowly increase the nute strength in veg as well... when I vegged for 6 weeks, I had my vegging juice up to around 1200ppm when it finally got flipped into flower :cool:

like POTUS was saying, there isn't really a need to flush a hydroponic system. The reason for flushing a soil grow is to rinse off unwanted chemicals, salts, whatever out of the soil, which will absorb and hold it.
you don't have that problem with hydro... there is no retension so there is nothing for things to accumulate in.

every time you refill your resevoirs, you are "flushing" out your system.

sara... you have to increase the nutes gradually... like up the ppm just a little bit each time... and watch how they react

like... try giving it 400ppm... that's still pretty low on the next feeding.
if they have possitive results, you can try 600 the next time. if they look kinda iffy, stay at 400... and keep tryna increase untill u flower, cuz then you'd be changing to flowering nutes.

ok... just realized you were talking about the soil grows and were at 600... so next feeding... cuz they are so old, I would give say 900ppm strength and see how they react. if good, go for 1000 the next time... you also have to keep in mind, sara, that the size of the plant also determines how much it can take in.

:) heres a couple of pics to give u a rough idea how big they are i hope the apple can give u picture of ther size..next feeding ill raise it to 900 i think they'll like it..how do u think they look?:dancing:

SDC11032.JPG

SDC11040.JPG

SDC11041.JPG

ok... ya, I think you'll be fine with 900 you are doing a feed, water hydration, right?

if you notice burn, you will be giving water next time anyways, so just do 900 again... if they get burned, otherwise, do 1000 or even 1100... it all depends how they react, right?

Latest posts

Back