at this point...we'll see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbie99

eam virides custodientes
Reaction score
ok folks, I don't often post but I always read. I have a plant that is into it's seventh week of flower. budding is substantial and nugs are long and fat. my last grow makes most of the concerns I might have now unnecessary (thank you all):) . however, I do have one concern that I should address. the leaves on the topmost buds are beginning to burn and dry out. the buds themselves seem to be healthy. the trichs, that seemed very late in developng, are plentiful now and starting to cloud up.

there really should be a glossary section on the forum(perhaps there is and I haven't found it) so that I can call these parts by their proper names, and not look this ignorant. but...

the "hairs" on the buds are starting to red/brown out and it appears to be getting close to harvest time. but the dying/burning of the "budleaves" has me nervous.

I'm a closet dirt farmer using fox organic, and nuting with sensi bloom 2 part with a 400w hps 0n a 12/12 schedule. bottom growth is beginning to yellow and fall away which doesn't worry me. the rest of the plant is looking great...I should mention that I stopped feeding after the 6th week.

I apologize for the pics...my photography skills match my horticulture skills.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

starving for?...I was told by my "green grocer", and I may have even read it somewhere on MP, to wean from nutes after 6 weeks to flush and "clean up" for an unadulterated harvest. I've been giving straight water.
should I just ride it out and run with what I got, or should I ???

If you are growing organic, you should not need to do this. Some of us do not flush at all. I also suspect that your plants might be hungry. Another thing is that you need to have good microbial life in your soil to properly break down the elements and compounds the plant needs.

Have you checked the trichs? I think you probably have a couple of weeks to go.

Well your "green grocer" has you growing in organic soil with a synthetic nute program. Soo... You are not organic.

I am now growing organic and I do not flush, I do not use synthetic nutes, I let the microbes do their job.

When using synthetics I feed up till the last week then just use water.

I myself would feed them depending on the trics. All clear-feed,mixed-feed light, amber-water

thanks HG, but I'm not totally organic as the sensi is chemically based.

so...should I go back to adding nutes?

and I agree...I'm at least 2 weeks from harvest

thank you HG and Duck for the input...I live and learn.

No Problem herbie we are all here to learn:)

I learned early on in my dwc growing that a flush is not necessary. I had broken a branch off before the flush and nobody could tell the difference.ime

I have NEVER, EVER, seen or tasted a difference in flushed or unflused weed. Personally,,I love the taste and smell of weed,,,Buttttt most importantly,,I smoke Weed to get High and I am gonna jam the ***** as full of Bud Growen nutes as long as I can,, before I Harvest.:hubba:

a couple weeeks to go ...I would give them some kelp and guano teas..nice work on such a small space...

take care and be safe

thnx 4u, I'm still a novice, but thnx to ya'll I'm catchin a buzz, and learning alot. when the current is chopped I'll modify the flower booth to accommodate these babies that are waiting in the wings.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

I bought a round of cal/mag for all the girls ...:hubba:

ok one last post on this thread and then we can put it to bed...

this plant was loaded with trichs, majority of them were cloudy (90-95%),however this plant had hermie'd on me without me noticing. evidently this happened very very late in the flowering process. I chopped it and put a nug in the dehydrator and what came out was very compact, dense, and tight. once broken up, it was very sticky and pungent. tasted sweet although the drier always seems to result in a harshness that proper curing seems to eliminate. whilst breaking it down, two seeds rolled around in my tray. shocked the s*%t outta me.

my question is... is a plant never safe from this? can the hermies attack at any time? will it ruin the run? the results of this grow are adequate, I've had better but I've also had worse. these seeds were carried back to the states from afghanistan by one of our troops. came from bagweed, so I didn't really have any grand expectations. the grow was rather boring and problem-free up until the situation that prompted this thread. could that have caused it? were my possibly overzealous attempts to correct the problem the cause? was it a seed issue, and if it was why did it wait until the very end of flowering?
the grow prior to this one was a seed run. is it possible that I didn't do a thorough job prepping my grow room and some pollen remained?

Am I ever going to figure this out? :confused:

If they came from bag seed then the possibility of them having a higher potential for hermie is at least 50-50. It is also possible that the strain is somewhat genetically weak and the stress of the problems caused them to hermie. It's also possible if you had any pollen casting in the last grow that some slipped through. And it is a possibility that you had late term nanners that you missed and though not too likely, they caused the seeding.

Any of those things could be the culprit, but unless you have cuttings from that particular plant or plants that you could grow out and see if the problem occurs again, you will never know. But I wouldn't grow out those seeds that came from the "unholy union" as they will be even more prone to herm if they are indeed the result of herm pollenation.

thnx HP. guess I'll know a little bit more soon enough. I have clones from the guilty party in the flower booth as we type.(they were cloning experiments,just to see if I could pull it off...seems I can) there's also one from seed.

the learning continues...

dropped some pedigree beans today and I'm looking forward to starting a journal. stay tuned.

If you dropped some "pedigree" beans today, I would toss your clones from the hermi plant. Jmo.

Rosebud said:
If you dropped some "pedigree" beans today, I would toss your clones from the hermi plant. Jmo.

just a thought...@ rosebud, since you suggested, it makes sense to dump them. they've been on 12/12 light for a few days and have begun to show significant budsites. would it be worth it to let some trichs develop and then cut them for a hash run?

I don't know. I am so hermie scared I wouldn't run anything that had ever known to hermi. You don't know when they will do it, it could be anytime in flower. Some don't show and are all inside and can seed your flower room. So I wouldn't mess with trying for hash, but that is just my opinion and I just had a hermi...good luck and green mojo for the new seeds.

Rosebud said:
I don't know. I am so hermie scared I wouldn't run anything that had ever known to hermi. You don't know when they will do it, it could be anytime in flower. Some don't show and are all inside and can seed your flower room. So I wouldn't mess with trying for hash, but that is just my opinion and I just had a hermi...good luck and green mojo for the new seeds.

not worth taking the chance...thank you

Latest posts

Back